Sunday, July 25, 2010

Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

"Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron Fey, iron-bound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her. Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's alone in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart."  From Goodreads

I loved  "Iron Daughter".  I thought it was even better than "Iron King".  Meghan hasn't changed a bit, she's still strong and passionate and willing to do what it takes to save Faery from the IronFey.  This time the enemy is different and at one point strikes close to home.  All the same characters are there, though we get to see more of the Winter Palace and just how cruel Mab can be.  We also meet the other two princes, Sage and Rowan and find a little bit more about their characters.  There is a new celebration also, the passing of the scepter from Summer to Winter but Winter parties a little rougher than Summer so Summer doesn't stay for the celebration.

I liked this novel better because we saw more of the relationship between Ash and Meghan and why Ash acted the way he did in public versus private.  We also get to see more of Puck and the relationship between he and Meghan.  And there is a little more about Meghan's father, though obvious at the time to me, not to Meghan and when I found out why I was saying to myself "Oh, that's why."  Very well hidden.

The action of the book is based on the fact that the scepter is stolen from Winter and Mab blames Summer or more precisely, Meghan.  The rest of the book, Meghan and others try to find the stolen scepter.
The war between Summer and Winter will proceed unless the stolen scepter is found and returned to Winter.  And Mab will not believe Meghan about the IronFey, because she is half human, she is able to lie.  And Ash is never around while Meghan needs him to back her up.  So, she's left to her own devices until some old friends show up to help her out.  They have to race against time in order to prevent the war and keep their numbers high so they can fight the army of the new Iron King.

I can't tell you anymore as I don't want to give the  ending away.  Don't cheat.  But I can't see how the next book will start.  All I can say is I did not see that ending coming at all.  Never in a million years.  I was happy and sad.  And very confused.  Any way, can't wait for Iron Queen!


  1. pfft...Ash.

    I'm a Puck girl, myself :)

  2. I can't get past orange hair! I've never been attracted to that. Red, yes, orange, no.



This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva