Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater’s Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past…and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabel, who already lost her brother to the wolves…and is nonetheless drawn to Cole. At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love–the light and the dark, the warm and the cold–in a way you will never forget(/From Goodreads)

Well,  this was not what I expected.  I enjoyed the book until the last seventy five pages.  I liked the new werewolf Cole.  He added a little danger and excitement to the mix.  But the whole book focused on Cole, Isabel, Sam and Grace.  Didn't Grace want to know anything about Olivia her best friend who chose to be a werewolf?  There was no mention of her at all.  And what about the uber jealous Shelby who wanted Sam for herself?  Where was she?  It was like all the other wolves disappeared and these four with a little of Victor mixed in was there.

And then, Grace's parents.  They'd been absent her whole life and all of a sudden they are so interesested in her life.  There's not a real good explanation there except that she has a boyfriend.  And they aren't very concerned when she's sick.  Sam is more concerned.  Isabel is more concerned and proactive than her parents.
And will there be a book three or is this how it ends.  Sam searching for a cure and them having summers together.  Or will she not even turn even during the summer.

I'm just not a big fan of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series.  I am a fan of Steifvater.  I loved the faerie books.  I just wanted this to end happy I don't know how long we'll have to wait for the next one and I hate having them torn apart and Sam living on numbered days as well.  And I can't stand Grace's parents.  There are just so many things to hate in this book, but most especially, the end.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Linger, but not as much as Shiver.

    Thanks for the review!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva