Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW Interview With Beth Fish at Beth Fish Reads


As part of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, today I am interviewing a
book blogger and she is interviewing me.  I came up with some questions
after exploring her site and the interview is below.







Today, I am interviewing Candace at Beth Fish Reads book blogging site.
 I had a great time getting  to know Candace through her blog site and emails.
 As well as exploring her site, I found some new sites to explore by looking
 at some of the sites she follows.  Candace focuses on reviewing mainly Penn-
 sylvania authors.  She's also an excellent photographer as you'll see at her
 blog and has some yummy recipes.  I really enjoyed interviewing her.  I hope
 you'll enjoy her blog.




1.Why don't you have the google friend connect like a lot of bloggers do?


I don't have a Google friend connect because I don't like the way the widget looks on my blog. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on other people's blogs, but my sidebars are cluttered enough as it is, and that's one item I've learned to live without. People can still follow me through Google by clicking on "follow me" in the navigation bar at the top of my blog.


2. How do you find PA writers?

Sometimes they find me! But I have made requests on Twitter, searched online, and used my library's reference desk to find Pennsylvania authors. I also get a lot of recommendations from friends. Another way I find PA authors is by reading the author biographies that are found in most books and on publishers' websites.


3. You are in a lot of challenges. How do you find the time?

Hee. I don't actually challenge myself all that much. I make sure every challenge allows a great deal of overlap in terms of books. I love it when a single book counts for three or four challenges. Oh, and I refuse to stress over challenges. I finish them or not. There are no challenge police.Challenges are a way to have some fun reading, to stretch yourself a bit, to meet other bloggers, and to support your friends.

4. Which is your favorite genre?

I don't have one. I read a lot of literary fiction, biography, cozy mysteries, and fantasy/paranormal, But I also love historical fiction, history, and dystopian. Oh yeah, and there is food writing! I can't pick just one.

5. Today, right now, what is your favorite book

I don't know! I can never answer this question because as soon as I name a book, I think of some other favorite book. Last week finished and reviewed Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay and loved it.Currently, I'm reading Red Hook Road by Ayelet Waldman and I really like it too (so far).I'm listening to Anthony Powell's Dance to the Music of Time Part I. This is a reread for me -- I read all four books in print when I was in graduate school. The audios were released just this summer and I love having the chance to revisit the books in this medium.


6. Today, right now, who is your favorite author?

I don't have one. For food writing, I love M. F. K. Fisher. Other than that, I usually answer this question by saying whoever I'm reading right this second.

7. When do you read, at night, at lunch hour, when you get home from work?

I mostly read for pleasure in the evenings after work and for at least part of the weekend. Because I work from home and read all day as part of my work, I don't read for pleasure during the day. It'd be too confusing. I do quite a bit of reading through audio books. That way I can read while doing (non-noisy) housework, when cooking, when gardening, and when I take my daily walk.

8. How has blogging changed your life?

I've made some great friends through blogging. And my life got very much busier. It has been fun to connect to the reader side of the book business and to be more social during the day. I've enjoyed interacting with authors as a reader instead of as an editor, and I love attending book festivals and trade show and hooking up with my blogging buddies.

9.Which do you prefer photography (your pictures are beautiful) or critiquing books?

Thanks! I love playing with my camera and have it with me almost all the time, but I could happily live without it. I don't think I could live without books. So if I had to choose, it'd be critiquing books. But you're not planning on taking away my camera, are you? Phew!  (No! I'd never take your camera away.  Your pictures are too beautiful.  Just take a picture of an old beaten up run down door for me and let me know when you show it.  I'm into rustic doors.)


10. Do you watch t.v. or listen to music while you blog?

No. I cannot write or read or work with background noise. So if I'm writing blog posts or reading other blogs, the house is usually silent or I am in a room without the TV.

Thanks so much for hosting me, Heather. It's been great fun to get to know you.

And it's been a lot of fun, more than I thought it could be over a computer through emails, getting to know you!  Thanks for the interview!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks again, Heather, and I'll be sure get a good door shot or two for you over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I don't even know what Google Friend Connect is (though now that I think about it, I see it a lot). I don't have that either. Great questions & answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I've never seen her blog, so I'm definitely going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, I really like Beth Fish Reads book reviews and pictures too, so I'm glad both will be staying around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview! I read Candace's Beth Fish Reads blog often & also love the photography. Great to learn more about her here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time here. What a neat blog!

    I'm kind of the same way when it comes to needing silence while reading or writing. The only exceptions might be if I'm writing something light or listening to something without words (like classical music).

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I found your blog! I came over from Candace's, and the fact that you read White Cat and are a Gator is enough for me. Great interviews (both of you!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been forced to learn to blog and write with background noise ... I guess it is the perils of living in a house with a small child! Now with my son in full day school, I'm finding it much easier to keep my thoughts on track when writing.

    It was fun getting to know Candace better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Candace is a lovely lady and you did a great job with your interview. Now I'm off to browse around your blog a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I'm not the only one who'd never heard of Google Friend connect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Candace's blog! And I'm so glad to hear how she loved Russian Winter. I hope to get to that book soon.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva