Friday, September 17, 2010

BBAW What the Future Holds for Me

It has been a great week getting to know bloggers I've never heard of before.  If they don't join the hop, it's hard to find them.  My favorite part of the week was the Interview Swap.  My Interview was with
Candace at Beth Fish Reads.  My interview is probably already in my archive but it is worth reading if you haven't read it.  She also has an article on Audiobooks which is excellent at the BBAW blog, here.
Also you can find a listing of the other Interview Swaps and you'll find some interesting blogs.  Candace also interviewed me if you want to know a little more about me.

The second part of today's BBAW Treasure is what are my goals for the coming year.  Keep on blogging for one.  I hope to learn how to be a lot less verbose and more succinct without giving away too much of the story.  I'd like to up my following to 500, a lofty goal, but "reach for the moon you might land among the stars."  I'd like to be able to stick to one meme and follow through with it other than the hop.  And I'd like to post on a novel at least 3 times a week.  In the meantime, I might might might, share some of my writing.  On another blog.  It won't be fancy and it will be old writing as well as new.  But it'll be like dipping my toe in the water.  I've never shared my writing, creative writing, and I'll be putting it out there for you all to honestly say, "That stinks" or "interesting" or whatever you want to say as long as you don't attack me personally.  That's just an idea.  We'll see what comes of it.

I think Book Blogger Appreciation Week is a great thing to do.  I'm told it's always the third week in September so look for it next year.  And check the links out for the Interview Swaps.  I found one very poignant memory of  9-11 that no one has viewed at Greg McConnell's blog called Behind the Curtain.  Also you have to check out Dead White Guys an irreverant but hillarious site.  And I found a GATOR on  the Blogosphere at The Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia and we have a lot in common besides attending the best school in the South.  It has been so much fun and I'll continue to visit the websites.  Thanks to everyone for sharing themselves with us!

Heather in Sandwich


  1. I'm so glad for the opportunity to have participated in was so much fun, and I loved the interview swap, too :)

  2. The interview swap is absolutely the highlight. It was great to get to know you and add your blog to my reader. I have met so many new people this week.

  3. Please consider this comment your invitation to finish up your BBAW week by adding a link to any reviews you've managed to post this week to the Saturday Review of Books at Semicolon this Saturday. Every week book bloggers from all over the blogosphere post links to their reviews and other bloggers and readers check out the reviews and find even more books to add to their wishlists.

    Thanks for blogging and reading and sharing.

  4. Thanks for the shoutout, Heather! My blog's name is Behind the Curtain ( I didn't manage to blog about BBAW today, but I did really enjoy learning about so many other blogs. I agree that the interviews were especially fun to read. So many fascinating stories and bloggers out there!

    BTW, here's one thing I was thinking of blogging about, but I'll just ask it here instead. Do you know of some book blogs run by men? It seemed like most of the blogs were by women. I don't remember stumbling across a blog run by a guy (other than my own) during BBAW. I'm sure I just wasn't looking in the right place, though!

  5. Okay, I went back and did find a few blogs by guys during BBAW. We're still way outnumbered though. ;-)

    Heather, that's cool that you are thinking about sharing some of your fiction. Good luck with your blogging goals.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva