Saturday, November 6, 2010

Teagan Wylltson's best friend, Abby, dreams that horrifying creatures--goblins, shape-shifters, and beings of unearthly beauty but terrible cruelty--are hunting Teagan. Abby is always coming up with crazy stuff, though, so Teagan isn't worried. Her life isn't in danger. In fact, it's perfect. She's on track for a college scholarship. She has a great job. She's focused on school, work, and her future. No boys, no heartaches, no problems.

Until Finn Mac Cumhaill arrives. Finn's a bit on the unearthly beautiful side himself. He has a killer accent and a knee-weakening smile. And either he's crazy or he's been haunting Abby's dreams, because he's talking about goblins, too . . . and about being The Mac Cumhaill, born to fight all goblin-kind. Finn knows a thing or two about fighting. Which is a very good thing, because this time, Abby's right. The goblins are coming.

Did you know that Tyger, Tyger has already been released despite the fact that it still says Novermeber 15, on Amazon, it was released October 20th the author told me.  If you look at the reviews on Amazon, you'll see it has four and a half stars.  If you read the reviews, you'll see that most of them tell you why it's so great.
I reviewed it a while back which you can read HERE.  It is in my top five favorite of the year and at the time was my absolute favorite of the year.  This is a book about goblins which I didn't know much about when I read the book and normally wouldn't read about but I understand them now and they aren't the ugly short creatures I imagined them to be.  They are beautiful much like fairies are and vampires are.  And the folklore, Kersten Hamilton knows her Irish Folklore.  If you didn't know it before, you will after reading this and really if you're into fairy talkes, myths, folklore and such, can you ever know enough?

And if you didn't read her story about searching for the origins of Vampires you won't know that they originated in IRELAND.  I never thought of the Irish with those wonderful accents being blood thirsty vampires.   But then who wouldn't be lured in by those accents????  Go figure.  I think you can still click on the link on my sidebar and read her story.  It was fascinating.  Who else believed vampires started with that crazy guy that stuck the heads of all those guys he defeated on pikes in front of his castle?  Too much History Channel for me.  I need to stick my head in a folklore book.  They need a Folklore Channel.  Wouldn't that be an interesting channel.  But then I'd never turn the t.v. off until the infomercials started. 

I digress.  If you want to brush up on your Irish folkore while reading a novel about a strong female main character,  this is the one for you!  It moves at a fast pace.  Some say it skips over a major part without the proper attention paid to it.  I say that year skipped is fine.  We all know what happened during that year.  We can imagine.  It's not central to the story.  You pick up and go on.  That's what I think the author was trying to convey, that they dealt with it the best they could and went on.  No need to dwell on the facts.  What's there to say?  The obvious effects could be seen when the story started up again. 

This story has it all, romance, but restrained, uncertain, action, lots of it, suspense, tragedy, folklore, mystery and monsters.  And it starts out so  normal.  Don't be fooled, things go from normal to not in a page.
There's really nothing left for it to have in it except maybe science fiction which doesn't belong, but who knows what may come later in one of the other books.  You'll kick yourself, if you don't read this masterpiece.  Tyger, Tyger, to me, is a flawless novel and I can't remember using those terms to describe another book very often.

Get it!  Read it!  Tell me what you think!

Heather in Sandwich

You can follow Kersten Hamilton on Goodreads


  1. I've wanted to read this for a while, but I hear mixed things about it. Loved your convinced me to try it after all! :D

  2. Great review! I really enjoyed this book. I wish the romance had been a bit stronger, but the story was awesome.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva