Friday, December 3, 2010

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan an Interview with my 10 yr old Jakob

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

Since I haven't finished reading anything to review in awhile, I thought I would do a guest post.  My guest is my ten year old Jakob.  I'd try to put a picture of him up but it would probably take longer than it's worth.  So, you'll have to take my word for it that he's a cutie and he'd make a goofy face if I took a picture for the blog.

Anyway here is my interview and he as always, made it his own.

1.)What was your favorite part of the book?  Parts!!!PARTS!!!! I'd have to say, the part where Leo amazes everybody by riding on a dragon.

2.)Why do you like these books?  There are many reasons I LOVE these books because
  • Rick Riordan makes great hooks (guess what they are learning about in writing class)
  • amazing characters
  • Ever since the last series, he had HILARIOUS chapter names.  For example "I Visit Some Fishy Relatives" or  "I Get a Sneak Peak At My Death."
3.) Would you recommend this book to your friends?  Yes

4.) Do any of the old characters show up in this book?  Well yeah, but mostly just on the side of things.

5.) What is the quest this time?  The quest this time has to do with demigods and the doors of death.  Plus the New Great Prophecy.

6.) Do you think this series will be as good as the Percy Jackson series?  Yes!  I am sure Rick Riordan has outdone himself yet again.  The Son of Neptune (next book in the series) will be GREAT!

7.) Are you going to read the next book?  Yes!

8.)Who is your favorite character in this new series?  Why?  Leo!  I have always been thinking since The Last Olympian how cool it would be to find somebody as nice and funny as Beckendorff (R.I.P. Buddy).  And now there's Leo!

9.)  Anything else you want to say without giving away the ending?  Yes, I call it Character Time with Jakob-
  Annabeth- As smart as ever and surprisingly very worried about (hint: someone who likes blue, has a sword called Riptide and has defeated the Minotaur twice!)_______!

Thank you for your time Jakob and for giving us a look into the world of a ten year old mind!


  1. AWESOME!!! Great job, Jackob :) I love his answers, especially why he said he loved the books. I've been interested in reading them. Do I have to have read the Olympians series to read this one?

  2. Julie- Thanks for being so sweet and commenting on Jakob's review. He thinks that yes you should read the others first because you'll be lost about who everyone is and you won't understand the quest. I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.


  3. Oh good to know! Thanks Jakob!! And tell him my sticky fingers gave him a new name in my previous post!

  4. That's okay! I have to tell you, I really enjoyed the Percy Jackson series so don't skip it. I read it with him so it was a good time to spend with him, but I'd have read them on my own. We ended up getting a Greek mythology book so he could read about the Greek Gods, Goddesses and monsters mentioned in the book. Riordan was spot on with his research.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva