Thursday, February 3, 2011

Library Thursday Blog Hop

It's time once again for Library Thursday Blog Hop  hosted by Lazy Girl Reads.  The only rule is you have to support your local library by checking out books, or other such things (like audio books) or perhaps post a picture of your lovely local library.  And of course link back to Lazy Girl Reads and follow and comment on other people's entries.  Like any other blog hop.

Before I Fall by Lauren OliverWell, I lied last week.  Apparently, the library doesn't account for shitty snow days and dangerous driving conditions.  They sent Juliet back before my hubby could pick it up for me.  But that's okay because they must have gotten some money.  All of  a sudden, their audio collection has increased and boy did I get some great ones this week.

Extraordinary          Bright Young Things

I got all of  these on audio so that I can fulfill some of my Whisper Stories in My Ear Challenge over at Bewitched Bookworms.  I wanted to listen to Before I Fall instead of read it because I seem to be able to keep myself detached emotionally when I listen to a book as opposed to reading it.  I've always been a visual person.  So, we'll see if I can handle this one on audio.  I might read it as well.  Depends on how much I like it.  And if you're wondering why I don't visit my local library.  The roads are all ice and I just don't know how to drive on them.  The truth is, my driveway is a complete slide all the way down to the garage and I can't understand why people up here even bother to pave their driveways instead of put gravel on them.  Unless I want to boil hot water for a few days and pour it on the drive way, it ain't coming off until the sun melts it.  I am deathly afraid of sliding all the way down and crashing into the garage!  So, for now, I'll support my local library this way.

So, what did you get from the library this week?

Heather in Sandwich

11 comments:

  1. I loved Bright Young Things! It is on my favorites list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hear great things about Bright Young Things! I wasn't the biggest fan of Before I Fall though...I couldn't get into it :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Before I Fall, looking forward to seeing how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I liked Before I Fall and Bright Young Things. I did not like Impossible by Nancy Werlin, could not finish it and because of that I have avoided Extraordinary as well :-(.
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope that isn't the case with me. I like the premise for Impossible. Melisss-I Swim For Oceans liked it and recommended another of her books called Rules for Survival. But she didn't like Before I Fall. I'll probably fall somewhere in the middle or like all of them. I'm really not sure about Before I Fall. I do think I'll love Bright Young Things.

    Thanks for hopping by!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own Before I Fall, but I really need to find time to read it. Sigh. I'll get there eventually. LOL

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Before I Fall-I hope it's a good experience in audio. That's so awesome that your library has so many great YA audiobooks-mine doesn't have very many but luckily it has a great selection of regular books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know. Sometimes you buy the book everyone is hyping and for some reason you don't want to read it right then. Then it's six months later and you still haven't read it. I was like that with Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready. Once I read it I was like OMG why did I wait so long. But you just don't believe the hype. So, read it when you feel like that type of book. I hear I'll need a box of tissues.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookworm- See, this is why I don't have a rating system on my blog. You loved it, Melissa couldn't get into it. It's so subjective. It's like art. What I think is art, you might think is junk. I just try to review it and tell parents what might be objective in it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you said about audio books. I am EXACTLY the same way....Pretty sad because I am an author. LOL But if I hear the story then I don't picture it the same way as if I hear it. I'm not as 'invested'! Too Funny!
    You got some really good books!
    I thought I would let you know that if you don't find that a book you want to read is at your local library you can ask your librarian to order it in for you. A lot of people don't know that. It is a great way for people to read GOOD books and GOOD way for GREAT books to get into Libraries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I did know that! They started getting tired of me asking for so many books so they are slowly ordering books. But funds are low in our town. So, they can't get everything I want. I give them credt for trying to beef up the YA section. It has definitely grown.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva