Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Talk to Me Tuesday Meme

Talk to Me Tuesday Meme

Talk to me Tuesday is a new Meme started by Melissa at I Swim For Oceans where we discuss any and all things Literary.  This week the questions is What genre of literature do you like and why?


That' easy for me.  I like pretty much anything YA.  Why?  Because I can escape my life and go back to a time when life was simpler if it's realistic fiction, even if the character is having a hard time. It's not my hard time and I like to see how they work it out.   If it's fantasy, which I truly adore, I'm in another world seeing creatures and landscapes I never imagined existed and  I am awed by them right along with the characters in the novel.  If it's a paranormal romance, I'm caught up in the senses and feelings of falling in love, the pain of not knowing if he feels the same way of losing or winning his love, it all seems as if it happened to me yesterday even if they weren't paranormals, some of them seemed monstrous!  In any case, I can escape whether to another reality or a magical place.  I do choose my realistic fiction wisely, shying away from ones that have death in them for the most part, though I've been surprised at some of the ones I've liked where a character does die.  But anything that isn't my life, is fun for me to read about.  I do have trouble with the dystopian novels, they seem so bleak, but there are so many I want to read this year, I'm going to have to set that aside.  They are just calling my name!

So, what is your favorite genre and why???

Heather in Sandwich

4 comments:

  1. I love paranormal romance too. Dystopia I don't mind. My favourite dystopia are Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Delirium.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! I have only read one dystopian-Matched. I tried the Maze Runner and couldn't read it. I don't know if The Giver counts or the City of Ember. I read those. But, on my list is Water Wars, Drought, Wither XVI I think that should get me started. I think I have some others. I read YA so I have a hard time with paranormal romance, though I just started the Morganville Vampires, there isn't any romance so far. I'm sure I can find some others if I look around.

    Heather
    Thanks for visting.

    Did you see my new paranormal romance Son of Eden review and interview? Just below here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think fantasy is a wonderful magical escape, too! I wasn't crazy about XVI. I've heard mixed rumors on Wither. Have you read The Hunger Games? I really like those books. Another dystopian I like is Delirium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did not read the Hunger Games Trilogy. Couldn't jump on that band wagon. I think I got into the blogging game too late. However, my library has it on audio so I might listen on audio for my Whisper in my Ear Challenge. Didn't read Delirium yet. I still like the concept of XVI. I've read mixed reviews of it as well. But then I was disappointed with Demon Trapper's Daughter and some people who's reviews I love totally loved it. I thought MC was weak and whiney, they thought she was strong. So, I still want to give them a try. But yes, fantasy is easiest to lose yourself in.. Iron Fey was so easy to let yourself go into it.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva