Talk to Me Tuesday is a brand new weekly meme where we will discuss anything (and everything) literary-related in an open forum of honesty. Questions for the next week will be posted one week prior to the post on the Features page. If you'd like to participate in this weekly feature, simply create your post, link back to me, and add your post to the wonderful Mr. Linky below. Have fun, and have at it!
This week's question: Who are your all-time favourite male and female characters?
- Wow, how much time do you have? I absolutely love Evie from Paranormalcy. She's funny and strong and a really kick butt heroine. She does her job, a little naively, but then it's all she's ever known. And it's kind of like trusting your mom. But she's a great character!
- I also love Aura from Shade. She is strong and determined and when she is required to do something incredibly embarrassing, she faces it with her head held high. Then she is later determined to save Logan no matter what he wants or how hard it is.
- There is also Bianca from from The DUFF. She's tough, she's funny, she's vulnerable and loyal.
- And Lena from the Mermaid's Mirror who has to make a huge decision between living in one world or another, find forgiveness, decide between family and love.
- And Tegan from Tyger,Tyger because she keeps her family together despite a very determined social worker, she is strong, goes on a dangerous trip to rescue her father. She saves them several times on the trip to Mag Mel.
- And last, but not least is the girl from the bittersweet story of Sing Me To Sleep, Beth. She puts up with her transformation, her not too kind classmates, her best friend's changed attitude towards her. And the weird behavior of the boy she loves. When she finds out what is wrong with him, what's happening, she finds an inner strength and unselfishness to help him through it. What happens is so hard to bear and yet she's there to the end.
Is that too many? Well, I've probably left some of the female characters out that I admire and love, but that's all I remember. And now, for the men.
- Hmm, well there is Jay from The Body Finder. He's just so good. Cute, sexy and oh so protective. He is the best boyfriend/best friend ever!!
- Cassel from White Cat just because he puts up with his family and finds a way to con a con.
- Finn from Tyger, Tyger because he fights Goblins and helps Tegan rescue her father, but he works beside her, not in front of her, he's her equal.
- And I love Kevin from Kevin's Point of View. Kevin is only 12, but he's a hero. He shows a maturity that most boys don't have until much later in life. He is surprising in his strength.
- Seth from the Wicked Lovely series for his tenacity, his loyalty to Ash and all his friends in the various courts, his willingness to fight War, and how steadfast he is by Ash's side even when Keenan is there.