Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Awakened by Ednah Walters

Awakened (Book One of the Guardian Legacy)Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons, but no one told her she is not supposed to fall in love with one.

Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware she's a Guardian—a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. But when she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers.

But Bran has a secret that can destroy their growing relationship. He's part demon. But in her heart, Lil knows Bran is not evil. So when her grandfather is kidnapped by a powerful nature-bender and Bran is the only one who knows where he's being kept, Lil convinces the other Guardians to trust him, not knowing her grandfather is just the bait. And the truth that she discovers in the demonic enclave may just destroy everything she believes in, unless she makes the right choice—love and sacrifice.(Summary from GoodReads).

I could get detailed and pick this book apart.  There were things wrong with it and you could look for lots of things if you wanted to complain about it.  But I picked this book up because I wanted an enjoyable YA fantasy.  And guess what?  That's what I got.  They author includes a break down of who's who in the front but I didn't think the book got that technical.  I thought it was fun to see the kids beating each other up and then sneaking out because they didn't like getting left out of things.  They were typical teenagers with superpowers.  The romance between Lil and Bran is kind of insta love, but I think it's more like hero worship on Lil's part.

And then there's a lot of fighting.  And trying to figure out what's going on.  And some great reveals.  And more great fights and a quest and more fighting and then it's over.  It was really fun to read.  One part that I did think should have been treated harsher was the punishment of the jocks at the dance and that's all I'll say.  You'll have to read it to find out.  I ran through this one not worrying about character development or plot or anything else.  It was just an enjoyable read.  And I'm not messing it up by delving too deeply into it with all that stuff.  Read someone else's review if you want to know about it.  It was a fast enjoyable read for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Heather in Sandwich


  1. Okay, Heather, you got me! Great review! Now Amazon is going to get more of my dinero's!

    I'm curious about the jocks and the dance.... I do adore Ednah and I can see her going easy on the hotties, even in her novels, LOL!

    Thanks, darlin' as usual you gave a wonderful review and send me off to buy books so I'll talk to you later and let you know what I think!

  2. Thanks Kristi-

    If you're looking for a literary masterpiece, this ain't it. If you're looking for entertainment, well just look at the cover. Need I say more? Have fun! Hope you're feeling okay or at least a little bit better today.



This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva