Sunday, May 15, 2011

In My Mailbox



IMM was started by The Story Siren to share with other         
bloggers what we got to review and read so that others
know what's out there.

My books all came from Amazon this week.

First came this one:

Sirenz

Bickering frenemies Meg and Shar are doing some serious damage at a midnight sample sale when the fashionistas find themselves arguing over a pair of shoes-with fatal consequences. One innocent bystander later, the girls are suddenly at the mercy of Hades, Lord of the Underworld himself. To make them atone for what they've done, Hades forces the teens to become special-assignment Sirens, luring to the Underworld an individual whose unholy contract is up.


Finding that delicate balance between their fashion addiction and their new part-time job in the eternal hellfire biz turns out to be harder than Meg and Shar expected, especially when an entire pantheon of Greek deities decides to get involved. Then there's the matter of the fine print in their own contracts...

Yep more Greek Mythology!!  Can't get enough!!

                                                                             Ruby Red-
Ruby Red (Ruby Red - Trilogy)Die for Me
                           Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!


Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
                              
Tempest RisingTempest Maguire wants nothing more than to surf the killer waves near her California home; continue her steady relationship with her boyfriend, Mark; and take care of her brothers and surfer dad. But Tempest is half mermaid, and as her seventeenth birthday approaches, she will have to decide whether to remain on land or give herself to the ocean like her mother. The pull of the water becomes as insistent as her attraction to Kai, a gorgeous surfer whose uncanny abilities hint at an otherworldly identity as well. And when Tempest does finally give in to the water's temptation and enters a fantastical underwater world, she finds that a larger destiny awaits her-and that the entire ocean's future hangs in the balance.

                                                                                                             
I so loved the book The Beautiful Between by Alyssa B. Sheinmel so when I
saw this book by her I ordered it even though I haven't heard anything about it.

High school junior Nick Brandt is intent on getting a girlfriend, and Eden Reiss is the one that he wants. He has exactly four semesters to get the girl, but when the phone rings on an otherwise ordinary Tuesday night, life for Nick and his parents will never be the same. What had been a seemingly idyllic home life has become something else entirely. But with this shake-up comes a newfound confidence for Nick; he's become a bolder version of himself, no longer afraid to question his parents, and no longer afraid to talk to Eden.


The Lucky KindAlyssa B. Sheinmel has written a powerfully gripping story about family secrets, falling in love, and finding luck in unexpected--and sometimes unwelcome—circumstances.
The Pull of GravityAnd I know you've seen reviews of this one: 
And I saw this last one on Small Review's website during her Adele Griffin week!  You need to check it out if you didn't because it was a fascinating post on how the author and the cover people (I know that isn't the official name) came up with the cover for this eerie looking book.
Tighter

                                      

I can't wait to read all of these books!  Of course, they are going to have to wait for a little bit but I'm excited about all of them!  I also have some very exciting news which I will reveal on my next blog post!


                                    
                                         



9 comments:

  1. Everybody seemed to have gotten Die for Me this week! I'm also jealous you got Tempest Rising and Pull of Gravity! Both books look really good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die For Me and Tempest Rising are good from the reviews I've seen. Can't wait to see what you think about them! :D

    Kelsa P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smalls definitely made me super excited to try Tighter.

    Hope you enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you all! I hope I get time to read them! I've got to get the Witches of East End read pretty soon and posted on LT or I won't get a book next month! It's good, but slow reading. The chapters are long or something. Each one focuses on someone different and I have to figure out who they are. I've never read Melissa de la Cruz so I might be at a disadvantage as far as characters.

    I'm also reading Happy Birthday to Me, a review book by Brian Rowe and it's really good.

    But I'm going to treat myself to some of the books I ordered before I start on the next review book because I promised some reviews for some books that are due out soon for some seasoned authors.

    Hope you guys have some great reads this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mailbox !!
    Ruby Red was good, I hope you'll like it !!
    I can't wait to read Die For Me : I've heard so many great things about it ! !
    Happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I can't wait to read Sirenz! I need to remember to order that one:) I love Greek mythology, so the more books that feature it, the better! I really enjoyed Ruby Red too, I can't wait for the next two books in that series! You had a fantastic book week Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, awesome mailbox! I can't wait to read Ruby Red and Sirenz. I totally want to reach into the computer and take a peek at your copies :)

    I hope you enjoy Tighter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew! I wasn't sure anyone had heard of Sirenz! But it's Greek Mythology. I know there's a lot of that going around lately but, c'mon how can I miss a book about frenemies and Hades and a stilleto incident gone bad? Sounds like a light read to me! I'll let you all know how they are.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh I love the sound of Sirenz! Fab mailbox! I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva