Tuesday, June 7, 2011

IMM I Need to Stop the Madness!!!!

I think I have a problem . I think I feel like I'm going to miss out if I don't get the latest book right when it comes out.  Any of the new 2011 debut authors that interested me immediately went on pre-order as did sequels to my favorite series.  Then I heard about new authors and had to have those.  I'm not sure why I think these books aren't going to be there next month but I think it's more a matter of me forgetting about them. Now, I'm moving and I have four boxes packed of books I haven't read yet.  And they haven't stopped coming.  So, I think I have BBS, otherwise known a Book Buyer's Syndrome. I haven't been properly diagnosed, but all the symptoms are there. Book envy.  Book buying beyond the ability to read.  Books used as furniture.  Books on every surface in every room.  Books in the kids rooms.  Forcing books on children and husband. Justifying book purchases.  And sleeping with a pile of books on my bed.  I now have a basket on my bed to house my current reads and reviews and glasses. But I need another one.  And it's spilled over to my husband's side who is currently sleeping on the couch because his sleep apnea machine makes an awful whine and I can't sleep with it.  What will I do with my book piles when he gets a new one?  Currently there are books and notebooks strewn about the bed and I'm in book lover heaven!  Is there some kind of help for me?

Look what came this week:
Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2)Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles #1)    and If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)  I like this cover better.

I'll Be ThereThe Vampire StalkerTempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)






Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)





Don't Stop NowForgottenHereafter (Hereafter, #1)

I forgot one!  From Early Reviewers at Library Things!!!!!


The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)


Oh and this IMM was started by The Story Siren as a way to let other bloggers share with each other what books they received and what new books are out there.  As you can see I didn't miss too many.  And The Story Siren's IMM Vlog was full of great books this week if you didn't see it and you have to watch The Bewitched Bookworms  BEA Vlog it is so hilarious!  And you must see Jenny's post at Supernatural Snark about meeting Nalini Singh. Or in her words Stalking Nalini!  Oh and Bibliophile Brouhaha and her vacation reads while she's in St. Martin.  Rain is expected, unfortunately.  Hope it's sunny Linds!  There were a lot of great IMMs this week following BEA.  I read so many!  I still am.  And that BBS is kicking in.  So I'm turning off the computer and reading.  I'm involved in the Vampire Stalker and have a review of Ruby Red to post.
Now that was a GREAT book.  And I must admit, I'M LOVING DIVERGENT!!! Yes, me who doesn't like dystopians.  This  one is different.  And I love it!  Everyone read it, NOW!

Heather in Sandwich










                                                       

10 comments:

  1. haha. you sound just like me. LOVE to buy books. I'd be happy to take a few off your hands... *wink*
    Enjoy your books!

    ~Felicia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to buy them too. the problem is trying to read all of them in a timely manner. Books I had to have four years ago are still sitting on my shelf unopened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa- Yeah, I know! At Christmas I had about 20 books that needed to be read. Now, I'm not even gonna count. But in a way, it's nice to have so much to choose from. I've got fluff, serious, vampire, werewolf, dystopian, romance etc. I can pick whatever I'm in the mood for. And I re-read most of my books. If I don't, I pass them on to good homes.

    Wishes- Glad to know I'm not alone with my problem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my page and becoming a follower. The book by L.J. Smith is actually a witch book. Love following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why being a Kindle user is great - you get cheap electronic books and they don't fill rooms, only a cyber library. All safely there awaiting my attention - and I could take ALL of them with me anywhere. And I can buy more where ever I am because it's 3G too! GET A KINDLE people! ITs the answer to world peace too! Shah. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I know how you feel and you're not alone!!! But yes, having a Kindle is a great help! And.. I tempt to buy the ones I really loved later one to simply have them:))

    and thanks for the wonderful Shout out, I'm glad you liked my very first Vlog video :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. But books are so good Heather! They want you to buy them! You got some AMAZING ones this week, I'm so jealous you got In the Name of the Star! That one sounds so good:) Don't stop the madness, we're all in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I see a problem.

    If you need to get some books off your hands, please feel free to send me Hexed and Hounded. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - that is a lot of books! And here I am slacking - didn't even post an IMM this week and you have a truck load of great books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shah and Danny- I'm a dinosaur, but I love the feel of a book in my hand. I love the smell and the texture and I love my bookshelves. I love all the colors and sizes and how just seeing the cover makes me feel about the story inside. Books were my friends growing up. I know that's why I buy so many now. They make me feel safe. I might build a fort of books when we move back to our old neighborhood in NC. !

    Jenny- The people at LT Early Reviewers have been so great about giving me great books to review. I'm really excited about this one!

    Missie- Oh no! I might have a book boyfriend of legal age finally to participate in your meme! You can't have him. The next one is Hammered-he fights with Thor! I'm going to start looking for pictures of Atticus now! Umm, is there a website to go to for hot looking guys with bare chests?

    Book Sake- I didn't used to do IMM but I finally decided it would shame me into reading faster. It hasn't worked too well. I read, but don't post the reviews!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva