Sunday, August 21, 2011

IMM Big One This Week

This is my IMM post for one week believe it or not!  I found that Amazon had several books for next to nothing that I had been wanting to read so I placed an order with them.  

But as to the particulars, IMM is a meme linked to The Story Siren that allows bloggers to share their spoils of the week whether they are review books, purchased books, or swapped book or won books.  So without further ado, I give you my IMM!

First my fabulous finds from Amazon- for 28$ (I don't pay shipping)
Girl at SeaBad Girls Don't DieEchoesVacations from Hell
Stealing HeavenIllyriaThe Awakening (Darkest Powers)Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse)
-Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson
-Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender (thanks  Small)
-Echoes by Melinda Metz
-Vacations from Hell by Various authors including Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Mlynowski, Cassie Clare
-Stealing Heaven by Elizabeth Scott
-Illyria by Elizabeth Hand
-The Awakening- by Kelley Armstrong
-Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler


Next were new releases:
Shut OutThe PredictedsBargains and Betrayals: A 13 to Life NovelChain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry Novels)
-Shut Out by Kody Keplinger
-The Predicteds by Christine Seifert
-Bargains and Betrayals by Shannon Delany
-Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles


And I won from Julie at That's Swell
Faustine (Bonfire Chronicles Book One)Demon High: Young Adult Urban Fantasy (Volume 1)CamilleDead Spell (Volume 1)
-Faustine by Imogen Rose
-Demon High by Lori Devoti
-Camille by Tess Oliver
-Dead Spell by Belinda Frisch
I also won an e-copy of Jenny Pox but I already have the book.
This was an Indie Author Celebration so I want to thank the authors
as well as Julie!

And from Candace at Candace's Book Blog a loaner of
Small Town Sinners
-Small Town Sinners by Melissa Walker
Thanks Candace!  I might have forgotten to tell you I got this!


Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, Volume 1: SanctuaryAnd I did forget to tell you I'm trying a little manga so I'm taking baby steps and started with Wicked Lovely

Desert Tales Sanctuary Volume 1 and I loved it after a couple of read throughs.  It took me that much time to understand what I was reading.  If you think manga is a simple comic book, you are sadly mistaken.  The drawings are incredible and the story is told more in pictures than words, but the words, though sparse are chosen very well.  I can't wait for my copy of Shaman King which is truly manga to get started in the world!


So what did you get in your mailbox???
Hope it was something special!
Heather

13 comments:

  1. So many awesome books! I really loved Stealing Heaven. Can't wait to hear what you think of Shut Out too. I am so excited for it's release :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Lots of great books this week. I've been eyeing Hunger for a while. It sounds really good, but with so many other books on my TBR list, I've passed it over many times. I still can't believe Shut Out is already available in hard back, I want to get the e-book, so I'll be waiting a couple of weeks (that's probably a good thing). You sure did get a lot of great deals. Enjoy all of your books!
    Joli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh woah! Wicked Lovely has a Manga? I am soo getting that! Loads of books this week. Happy Reading!

    My In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! Glad you liked the manga! I love manga! Happy reading! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you scored! Those are such amazing deals.

    And you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul Heather! You got some amazing deals at amazon - $28 for all those? *green with envy*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read Shut Out! I'm borrowing a copy that should be on it's way soon.
    YAY for good deals! I found several on amazon I want but can't afford any right now. But that's okay, I have plenty to read!

    You can keep Small Town Sinners, or you can pass it on to someone else who may want to read it. If you don't find anyone and don't care about keeping it you can send it back and I'll donate it to the reservation or the JDC. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many books. I relly want to read the Vacations from Hell anthology, I've liked the other ones. Glad you are liking the manga!!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of great books, heather! camille looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got Stealing Heaven sitting on my shelf but haven't read it yet. I really need to! I'm also looking forward to seeing what you think of Shut Out. Here's what I got this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bargain book bin on Amazon is great, but it can and does get me in trouble. LOL

    And Chain Reaction!!! *squeeeee*

    I wish this mailbox was mine, Heather. Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! Woot! Great haul, so many great titles. I really want to read Bad Girls Don't Die, it looks great. :D Hope you have fun reading it.

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stack of books! Illyria looks interesting. I'm going to have to check that one out. I want to read The Predicteds. I forgot that was coming out. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva