Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Water Wednesdays Finale



Don't forget to link up your answers to Nic at Irresistible Reads
                                      who is hosting this week!



1.  After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic.  Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell.  Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi's situation? 


I probably would have taken it.  I might have questioned it after I saw him talking to Lord Forabosch, but still it made her stop hurting.




2.  Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them.  But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win.  Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?


No, I think she had to show Lord Forabosch that she wasn't scared of him and that she wasn't going to be bullied by him.


3.  When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth.  Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her.  Do you think this is believable?  What would you have done if you were Marcello?


I would have thought it was the fever talking or that they were suffering from the same poison.  But sometimes with love you have to take things on faith and Marcello was in love by then waiting by her bedside for her to wake up and getting the best doctor for her.  So I would have trusted her.  Especially after she disappeared!


4.       In the end Gabi and Lia return home.  Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?



Um, yes. And yes.

5.  Looking back at Waterfall what was your favourite moment?  



Having Gabi come out of the tomb for the first time and realize she was in the middle of an honest to God sword fight where men were bleeding and dying.  


Or, that teenage dialogue she had running in her head and using teenage language in her head.


Or, when Marcello switched with Luca when Luca was teaching Gabi to dance!
I had a lot of favorite moments!!  I loved this book and I can't wait to have a chance to read the others.  I can't believe I actually have waited to read the other two while they are sitting beside me!!  I haven't even met Lord Greco yet!  But, I have truly enjoyed reading everyone's answers to the questions and Waterfall Wednesdays!  Thanks to all the hosts and to Lisa T. Bergren for such a great novel!!


Heather


8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have the books sitting there and haven't read them yet! Although, I must say that I too had the books sitting there and waited to open them because I was nervous how they would turn out! But now that I have read them I am in total love! Those are great favorite moments you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to going back for sure! No one could keep me from putting my hand back on that print once I figured out I wasn't dying anymore. I'M COMING BACK TO YOU MARCELLO!!!! Thanks so much for participating in WW Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the willpower. Now you can give in to the pull...the tidal pull of the River...it's calling to you...Heather...HEATHER!!...come read us!

    Seriously, thanks for taking part in WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ladies, the only reason I haven't read them was simply b/c I promised other people reviews first. I had to read those books first. But October is freeing up so I'm looking forward to it. Actually, tomorrow is my birthday so I might take the day off and steal away to some place by the lake and read. My friend has a beautiful house on the lake and she's on a cruise so I might borrow her back yard! And bring Cascade and Torrent! That's and ideal day for me!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, being in Gabi's head made me laugh a lot too. She was a funny girl with her thoughts.

    Thanks so much for joining us for WW, Heather. It was a blast from the past getting to read your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, I loved when Gabi was learning to dance from Luca and Marcello takes his place *big sigh*. I loved most of the moments with Marcello, though (especially that one and the kiss...oh, and the very ending scene when he says he'll be there for her when she comes back). I'm sad the whole thing is over, but it's been awesome reading all of your answers and meeting all the new people! :D Long live Waterfall! LOL! (Oh, and I think your birthday activity sounds absolutely PERFECT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers! Now that you mentioned, I did enjoy Gabi's internal teenage dialogue. One moment that sticks out for me is just before the kiss with Marcello. She really is quite hilarious at times!

    I've thoroughly enjoyed Waterfall Wednesdays and I appreciate the opportunity to get to know awesome people like you:)

    Sarah @ Random Thoughts of a Confused Adolescent

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series is so freaking good it's crazy. I'm reading Torrent now, but love to see your comments on the Waterfall Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva