Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW- Interview Swap

It's Book Blogger Appreciation Week and today is one of the best parts- the interview swap!  You are randomly paired with a blogger you don't know and you trade questions to get to know each other better.  Last year I was paired with Beth Fish of Beth Fish Reads.

This year I've been paired with Kaitlyn of Kaitlyn in Bookland.  I've explored Kaitlyn's blog and like it a lot!  Here are my questions for her and her responses:

1. What made you want to start a blog?
I was bored waiting for grad school to start and browsing the internet when I stumbled upon some book blogs. I always try to keep track of the books I read in a year, so I thought starting my own book blog was the perfect way to do it! Before last summer, I didn't realize people even blogged exclusively about books. I had written a couple of book reviews during my internship, but nothing this extensive. How much I have been enjoying it has been a pleasant surprise. 

2. I see from your archives you had a time when you took some time off --can you say what happened?
Sure! I went straight from a summer off with no real commitments to going to grad school full time at night, working on an internship, and working at least 35 hours a week. Blogging was the last thing on my mind during that time, but it was still there. I missed it and finally got myself sorted so I could come back. 

3. What is your favorite post on your blog?
My favorite review post is my review of "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins. http://kaitlyninbookland.blogspot.com/2010/08/mockingjay-by-suzanne-collins-review.html I don't think I have been quite as passionate about a review since then! I just went back to reread it the other day and I couldn't believe how into that review I was. I wish I could be that passionate about every book I read! My favorite non-review post would probably be the one about book blogging relationships. http://kaitlyninbookland.blogspot.com/2011/05/armchair-bea-book-blogging.html It was nice to go back and revisit my first author encounter.

4. What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
Sometimes I feel obligated to post a review of a book even if I'm not very passionate about the book. I wish I could be passionate about every book I read (because I think the reviews sound much better), but that just doesn't happen. So, sometimes, I end up writing a review that I think isn't very good just because I feel as if I have to. 

5. What has surprised you most about blogging?
I really didn't think I would connect with other bloggers so much! I didn't realize how much of a community book blogging was. It's so nice. :) 

6. Do you have a favorite meme that you read or participate in?  I love checking out the IMM (In My Mailbox) posts. It's so fun to see what everyone gets and I like to record my own videos when I can too. I also love the Top Ten Tuesdays at The Broke and the Bookish (although I have never participated). http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/p/features.htm

7. One book you would always recommend, no matter what. Harry Potter. Always. It baffles me that there are still people who have not read these books! 

8. What is the best thing about blogging and having a blog? "Meeting" the other bloggers, authors and book industry people! I love chatting books with everyone, especially on Twitter. I don't have a lot of close friends who like to read, so it's nice to be able to talk about books with other people who love them.

Thanks Kaitlyn!


  1. Hi..This is a fantastic website and I can not recommend you guys enough. Full of useful resource and great layout very easy on the eyes. Please do keep up this great work... keep it upRegister a Domain

  2. Nice to meet you Kaitlyn! I always struggle with writing reviews for books that I wasn't over the moon about too, I want to be in love with everything I read but it's just not always the case:) Looking forward to visiting your blog and reading more of your reviews!

  3. Kaitlyn, you would be proud of me. I have read the FIRST HP book, but I never got further than that. :(

    Someday, I hope.

    I just checked out your Mockingjay review. Loved it! You gathered a lot of great stuff. :)

  4. Kaitlyn- I confess, I did not read your fabulous Mockingjay review because I have not read the series yet. When I do, I will read your review! I promise!

    Alyssa and Missie, thanks for stopping by and commenting! Missie you need to get on that HP reading. Girl all the magic is in those books!


  5. Very informative article you have got here. I love reading this kind of stuff. This is truly a great read for me. I hope to see more articles from you.

    website hosting

  6. I love Kaitlyn's blog and her IMM's are always entertaining. As well as her passion for all things Harry Potter!

    I am going to avoid the Mockingjay review, too, until I read that series. But it was great to learn a little bit more about Kaitlyn here on your blog.

    Great questions!

  7. Thanks everyone! Yes, HP is a must read for everyone. My little cousins love it, I love it, my mom loves it, and my grandma loves it. HP is truly a book series that can span generations. <3

    Definitely don't check out the Mockingjay review if you haven't read the series! There are spoilers all throughout the review because I couldn't contain my feelings. There was no way I could have possibly written that review without any spoilers.

    Rachel, I'll have to record another IMM soon. I can't believe I haven't done one all summer! The shame.

    Thanks again, Heather!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva