Sunday, September 18, 2011


This week's IMM brought me a fabulous surprise of which there is a video below for Alexander Death by JL Bryan!  This is the conclusion of The Paranormals Series by JL Bryan and it is awesome!

I also got to other fabulously awesome books that I haven't read yet
one from Amazon:  As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott 
Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is.

Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the center of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

And the fabulous book I've seen all around the blogs that is scary right off the bat in the first chapter, Beautifully Broken by Sherry Soule sent by the author for review.   

They say every town has its secrets, but that doesn’t even begin to describe Whispering Pines. The townsfolk are a superstitious lot and the mystical disappearance of a local teen has everyone murmuring about a centuries old witch’s curse.

Sixteen-year-old Shiloh Ravenwolf is a heritage witch from the Broussard family, a family both destined and cursed. When she takes a summer job at Ravenhurst Manor, she discovers a ghost with an agenda. That’s where she meets the new town hottie, Trent Donovan, and immediately becomes spellbound by his charms.

Finally, Shiloh's met someone who is supercute and totally into her, but Trent may be the next victim on the supernatural hit list. And Shiloh is the only person with the power to save him. Complicated much?

It sucks to have a destiny, especially since Shiloh would rather spend her summer being a normal girl who worries about clothes and boys, not the supernatural. But she’s never been normal and the stranger things become the more her own magical senses awaken.

With cryptic messages from a pesky wraith, she will begin to understand the mysterious significance of the strange mark branded on her wrist and decide how much she's willing to sacrifice to protect the other teenagers in town.

Unfortunately, for Shiloh, not all ghosts want help crossing over. Some want vengeance.

Thanks to JL Bryan for Alexander Death and Sherry Soule  
for Beautifully Broken!

Now, what did you guys get in your mailboxes this week???


  1. I think the cover for As I Wake looks so cool! Hope you enjoy both of these :)

    Happy reading!

  2. oooh I'm curious to see what you think of Beautifully Broken. It sounds interesting.

  3. I love Elizabeth Scott! And that cover for AS I WAKE, it's gorgeous! I LOVE the orange in it and her hair, how it's going up like she is the flame and it's the smoke. I'm so intrigued now!

    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

  4. As I wake is definitely on my TBR list, I'm excited to eventually get my hands on it :) Hope you enjoy it, can't wait to read your review!

  5. Thanks guys! I'm excited about As I Wake! I've read one other Elizabeth Scott book and loved it! Actually it was on audio and I don't care much for audio, but still I loved it so it must have been good!!LOL I can't wait to read it.

    I'll be over to see what you got!

    Thanks for visiting!

  6. Can you believe I have yet to read an Elizabeth Scott novel? *be's an epic fail*

    Hope you enjoy. :)

  7. beautifully broken sounds really good to me. i hope you enjoy both books!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva