Friday, September 16, 2011

My Friday Love

Today my Friday Love is the book currently on tour called Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake!  Below you will see my ridiculous attempt at poetry (I have never claimed to be a poet) to explain the book!  I will write a review, but this kind of reviews the book.


Ode to Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna dressed in blood kills all who dare have entered,
Cas is a ghost killer, about the two, the book is centered.
Cas has killed his share of ghosts none as strong as her,
Anna has killed everyone, yet spare him why? She isn't sure.
Cas knows he must kill her, but he is reluctant to do so,
Anna's a cold blooded killer, and he'd be negligent to let her go.

For the first time in his life, Cas find friends in Thunder Bay,
But working with other people just isn't his way.
He can't seem to shake them no matter what he does
And then he's kind of glad as he'll need then for his cause.
The suspense builds, the horror grows
The more they learn the less they know.
But Carmel and Thomas stay right by his side.
Ready to help in the dangerous creepy ride.
Help comes from unexpected places to try to save them all.
But really is it really over or are they just beginning to play ball?

The pace was fast, Cas was adorable,
Anna was gory, her crimes deplorable,
Carmel was more likable than any "It" girl I've seen
 Thomas was a witch and telepathic not you average teen.
I loved the characters including Anna, the bloody ghost,
But, I'll confess brave, funny narrator Cas I loved most.

If you don't read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
We'll send something worse than Anna after you to 
at night to keep you awake,
So until its read,
Don't look under the bed!

Don't laugh at my poetry attempt!
Heather

10 comments:

  1. Now why did you have to go and threaten me with my arch nemesis from childhood the monster under the bed? I'm not allowed to buy any more books this year because of my book buying spree at the borders close outs and now the boogie man is going to get me. I must tell hubby he had to rescind the buying restriction....

    In the meantime check out my lovely sister's zombie plush giveaway or zombies will ready you! Http://rinnisplayground.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way loved the unique review it have me a good chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Pabkins, some of the best books are coming out right now! You've got to rescind that book buying order. Alexander Death the third in the Jenny Pox trilogy is coming out! If you like zombies you'll love this series, no zombies but the things Jenny can do! JL Bryan also has a new series starting called Fairy Metal Thunder! Fairies, Heavy Metal I'm guessing and JL's imagination= One Hell of a Ride!

    The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, The Name of the Star, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Faerie Ring, The Mephisto Covenant, Shifting, and if you read MG books, Breadcrumbs, Sacrifice-the second book in the Crave series, Cold Kiss, Enthralled.
    And those are just the ones on my radar! I'm sure there are more!! Man I wouldn't settle for a book buying ban right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I loved the poem! =) This is a book that is worth it!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bailey! I'm a fool, I know! But not afraid to show it!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What a creative way to review a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful!!! You're my Friday love for writing this!!! You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SFAM, that was AWESOME! I loved it! That was so brilliant and so much fun!

    Huggles you amazing poet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not good at poem, so I think this is good.
    Maybe I'll try it sometime, lol.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva