Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Waterfall Wednesdays Read-Along 2




So this is week two of Waterfall Wednesdays linked up over at Missie's at The Unread Reader.  If you're following along.  This is for Chapters 7-11.  And again I say HA, HA, HA!  I dare you not to read on!  And if you haven't read about the buzz going on let me just tell you......Just waiting for you to get ready, there are rumors of a possible fourth book.  But before that can happen, we have to get this series out there in the hands of everyone we know.  So if you love the series, tell everyone you know! Ask the book store to carry it!  Tell the librarian about them.  Ask your local library to carry them.  Get those books out there.  Because without a book deal, there won't be a fourth book.  And Small at Small Review  is doing a big giveaway so pop on over to her giveaway and enter to win!  Signed copy of the set of River of Time series, bookmarks, a t-shirt!

Okay, on to the answers:

1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?

 I think it's warranted because whoever holds that land hold the furthermost land into the other's territory, Florence or Siena's.  It's like that one piece of land gives the other the edge over the other city.  Or it could be one big pissing match since they never let the heir to the Castello get hurt.

2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?

Yes, my dad and I were fishing on a river that we had crossed a swinging bridge to fish on the other side.  We were totally alone.  We'd caught a few fish but I got bit by a sweat bee and being a drama queen made a huge scene.  He packed some clay on it from the river and it did actually stop hurting.    I drink herbal tea with lemon in it when I have a sore throat or cold (lots of that this week).  I don't make my own but I prefer herbal insect repellent especially when my kids were little.  DEET scared me a lot.  Burt's Bees has a nice insect repellent.  I also make my own spray for my veggies when I have an herb or veggie garden.  Made with garlic, lots of garlic and water.  It works.  Nothing wants to get near the plants.  Including the dogs.  I also use sugar and olive oil for a body scrub.  I sometimes put drops of scented oil in it, but sometimes not and I soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil and put it in the soap dish when I shower when I have a cold to help open up my breathing passages.  Whoa!  I guess I do a lot of little things that make a long answer!

3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I liked Gabi from the start.  I thought she was taking living in Italy for the summer for granted but other than that, I thought she was great.  Now, she's a lot smarter than I'd ever be at that age.  No way could I pull off some of the stunts she does.  She is one tough girl and I think she gives women a great name!  I really don't think she should hide any of her skills.  She helped save lives with those skills!

Do I have an secret skills?  Not that a man would admire in the Dark Ages if that is what you're asking.  I'll work on it!

4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended?  There is obviously admiration on both Gabi and Marcello's parts right from the start.  He doesn't think she's weird.  He admires her spunk and strength and she admires that he doesn't shut her away.  The spark was there almost immediately.  I love them together and want them to end up together.  I hate his intended.  She's like every mean girl that's ever been.  She's the prototype.

5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves?

I would love to attend a ball with the gowns and the dances and all.  However, for the past 20 plus years, my dance partner has been six feet four inches tall and I am five feet two inches tall.  So unless I'm standing on a chair or box or something, there is no point in dancing together.  I dance to the songs on the radio while I clean or UNPACK BOXES (still)  but as for dancing with someone, never really happened.  And no, I'm entirely uncoordinated, hence the dancing while cleaning so I can blame falls on cleaning supplies.  I do love to dance  and sing my lungs out.  I'll have my iPod on or maybe my headphones plugged in and will be screaming the lyrics to Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit (Thanks Melissa Marr)  and I'll look up and all three boys will be standing in the doorway laughing at me.  At least they like the song :)

Heather

20 comments:

  1. Great herbal goodness. Thanks for sharing about yourself. Hate the mean girl.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com
    http://t.co/hXxpYaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realised that I use a lot more herbal remedies than I first thought, like the honey and lemon tea for a cold, and eucalyptus and steam for breathing easier.
    I like Marcello as well and agree with you that he secretly admires her spunkyness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your herbal remedies. I think the next time I'm sick I'll have to try out the peppermint and eucalyptus in the shower.

    I dance all the time when I'm cleaning too. It makes the chore go faster and a lot more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- oh my goodness thats so funny you and your hubs dancing. My husband is 6'4 too and Im 5'3 so we look hysterical dancing together...its kind of like the Green Giant dancing with Strawberry Shortcake!!!! He wears a size 15 shoe too so his feet get in the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the home remedy queen! wow! Great answers!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great home remedies! I dance around while cleaning too and the kids will also jump in, they love it but the husband thinks I'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are like your own little herbal remedy MacGyver! I wish I knew more stuff like that.

    I am soooo with you on the dancing to my bad self and then getting caught. Makes me want to bow for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil on a cotton ball in the shower for a cold...I'm going to have to try that! Loved your other answers too! Especially your singing and dancing while cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gabi's definitely way smarter than I was at her age too. She's actually probably smarter than I am now, I would have had no ideas on how to help poor Fortino. I would love to go to the dances too, but I'm a miserable dancer and would just embarrass myself. I could be a lovely wall flower though:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Heather, You could totally survive just fine in the middle ages with all the home remedies you know.

    And I agree, Lady Rossi does seem like a prototype, though I guess I can't blame her. And I couldn't live without the broom as my dance partner. You would see our Tango. It's the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm impressed by your long list of home remedies. I do prefer natural cures to pharmaceuticals in many cases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read this, and obviously if all of my favorite bloggers have, than I need to! I love the sound of this smart smart protag with the rad sword skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, glad I'm not the only one who dances around singing loudly to songs ;)

    Awesome answers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know so many good remedies! They sure would come in handy if you lived in medieval times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so impressed with the amount of home remedies you know and use, I really need to take some notes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Most excellent answers. I never thought about the headache of having a tall man as a dance partner--that WOULD be hard. We have a 7' friend, and come to think of it, he never slow dances...he's always got a groove on. :-) And when I get sick, I'm emailing you, sister. You seem to have more remedies up your sleeve than Gabriella!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am totally taking notes on all those home remedies! Especially the one about the garden. Hm, I wonder if I sprayed my tulips with that then maybe the squirrels would stop eating them...

    Thank you for the shout out for my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a height difference! I'm sure you two look cute together still :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your home remedies i will have to try some them out :) For the body scrub whats the amounts? You should write a home remedies book :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jenny you would make a lovely anything, but I seriously doubt you would be a wallflower no matter how bad you were at dancing!

    Small- I have a gardening book with all herbal recipes in it. I'll see if I can find something to keep the squirrels off your tulips.

    Bibliophile Brouhaha- You must read this series. You of all people that love kick ass heroines! Gabi is one kick ass heroine and there are some serious men in this one!!

    Thanks everyone! Sorry I didn't join in the fun yesterday but this cold is kicking my butt! Today I'm finally better!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva