So this is week two of Waterfall Wednesdays linked up over at Missie's at The Unread Reader. If you're following along. This is for Chapters 7-11. And again I say HA, HA, HA! I dare you not to read on! And if you haven't read about the buzz going on let me just tell you......Just waiting for you to get ready, there are rumors of a possible fourth book. But before that can happen, we have to get this series out there in the hands of everyone we know. So if you love the series, tell everyone you know! Ask the book store to carry it! Tell the librarian about them. Ask your local library to carry them. Get those books out there. Because without a book deal, there won't be a fourth book. And Small at Small Review is doing a big giveaway so pop on over to her giveaway and enter to win! Signed copy of the set of River of Time series, bookmarks, a t-shirt!
Okay, on to the answers:
1. Gabi's search for her sister is made increasingly difficult by the fight for territory between Castello Forelli and Castello Paratore. At this point, do you think the rivalry is warranted? Why or why not?
I think it's warranted because whoever holds that land hold the furthermost land into the other's territory, Florence or Siena's. It's like that one piece of land gives the other the edge over the other city. Or it could be one big pissing match since they never let the heir to the Castello get hurt.
2. Gabi aids Fortino by having his sickroom cleaned out and using steam to loosen the phlegm inside his lungs so he could breathe better. Have you ever found yourself in a situation that required you to rely on home remedies to aid yourself or another? What are some of your favorite home remedies?
Yes, my dad and I were fishing on a river that we had crossed a swinging bridge to fish on the other side. We were totally alone. We'd caught a few fish but I got bit by a sweat bee and being a drama queen made a huge scene. He packed some clay on it from the river and it did actually stop hurting. I drink herbal tea with lemon in it when I have a sore throat or cold (lots of that this week). I don't make my own but I prefer herbal insect repellent especially when my kids were little. DEET scared me a lot. Burt's Bees has a nice insect repellent. I also make my own spray for my veggies when I have an herb or veggie garden. Made with garlic, lots of garlic and water. It works. Nothing wants to get near the plants. Including the dogs. I also use sugar and olive oil for a body scrub. I sometimes put drops of scented oil in it, but sometimes not and I soak cotton balls in peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil and put it in the soap dish when I shower when I have a cold to help open up my breathing passages. Whoa! I guess I do a lot of little things that make a long answer!
3. Marcello and his men don't hide their surprise when they learn that Gabi is skilled with a sword. What did you think of this development? Has your initial impression of Gabi changed? Do you have any secret skills?
I liked Gabi from the start. I thought she was taking living in Italy for the summer for granted but other than that, I thought she was great. Now, she's a lot smarter than I'd ever be at that age. No way could I pull off some of the stunts she does. She is one tough girl and I think she gives women a great name! I really don't think she should hide any of her skills. She helped save lives with those skills!
Do I have an secret skills? Not that a man would admire in the Dark Ages if that is what you're asking. I'll work on it!
4. "Our lips were so close, I could feel the heat of his breath on my skin." Gabi and Marcello's feelings for one another are beginning to stir. What do you think of Marcello as a romantic interest thus far? What do you think of his intended? There is obviously admiration on both Gabi and Marcello's parts right from the start. He doesn't think she's weird. He admires her spunk and strength and she admires that he doesn't shut her away. The spark was there almost immediately. I love them together and want them to end up together. I hate his intended. She's like every mean girl that's ever been. She's the prototype.
5. Marcello and Luca take turns teaching Gabi the dances of Toscana. Would you have liked to attend a ball like the one Gabi was practicing for? Do you like to dance? Do you know any cool dance moves?
I would love to attend a ball with the gowns and the dances and all. However, for the past 20 plus years, my dance partner has been six feet four inches tall and I am five feet two inches tall. So unless I'm standing on a chair or box or something, there is no point in dancing together. I dance to the songs on the radio while I clean or UNPACK BOXES (still) but as for dancing with someone, never really happened. And no, I'm entirely uncoordinated, hence the dancing while cleaning so I can blame falls on cleaning supplies. I do love to dance and sing my lungs out. I'll have my iPod on or maybe my headphones plugged in and will be screaming the lyrics to Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit (Thanks Melissa Marr) and I'll look up and all three boys will be standing in the doorway laughing at me. At least they like the song :)