Waterfall Wednesdays is a question and answer session based on the book Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren. Bloggers answer the questions below, this week the questions come from Jenny at Supernatural Snark. Each week we answer new questions.
There also is a contest going on over at Small Review where you can win signed books, bookmarks and t-shirts. Hop on over there and sign up for a chance to win and spread the word so that Lisa can write book four in the series!!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR CHAPTERS 18-23
1. Gabi and Lia both face several life and death situations in these chapters, having to pick up weapons in defense of those they love and experiencing first hand the brutality of close combat. If you had the choice between picking up a weapon and standing on the front lines or staying behind to tend to the wounded as necessary, which would you choose?
I would love to think I was brave enough to pick up a weapon and fight on the front lines. But I have no fighting skills whatsoever, so I would choose to treat the injured unless my children or the love of my life was fighting. Then, I might have to get involved because I'd have to make sure my loved ones were okay. I can yell watch out and be careful just as good as the next person!
2. Both girls get to wear extraordinary gowns to their victory celebration; what would your dream medieval gown look like?
Definitely, deep blue with gold embroidery and trim. I'd want a quilted like bodice and something that pushes the twins up if you know what I mean. I'd like to have bell like sleeves, I hate tight fitting sleeves and an empire waist line. Definitely a filmy overlay for my skirt. And I love the slippers but I have high arches so I need a little bit of a heel. And I'd love someone to weave stuff through my hair and make something beautiful out of my plain hairstyle.
3. Gabi has crude stitches put in and must endure both their removal as well as the cauterization of the wound. How is your threshold for pain? Do you think you would have simply gritted your teeth as Gabi does?
No, I'd be screaming like a couple of babies! They'd hear me all the way to Siena! I would never be able to endure that pain. I am the biggest baby in the world. You should hear me complain about my migraines or sore throats! Nope, Gabi is way more mature than me!
4. Marcello wants to properly court Gabi after they express mutual feelings of affection, wanting to speak with her mother about his intentions. What do you think is the most romantic aspect of medieval courtship?
The respect that is shown to the women.No makeout sessions, just stolen kisses and hand holding. I think the innocence is the most romantic aspect of medieval courtship.
5. Gabi and Lia find themselves with conflicting desires toward the end with Lia wanting to return home and Gabi hoping to stay. Do you think that Gabi is being unfair to Lia for wanting to stay, or is Lia being unfair to Gabi for demanding they go? A little of both?
A little of both. Gabi has to go back in the end, but I think they are both a little selfish. Lia doesn't understand that Gabi can have developed such feelings in such a short amount of time. Gabi doesn't understand it herself. Gabi doesn't want to go because of her feelings but understands she must go for Lia to go. In the end
they both are a little selfish, but Gabi seems to be more giving.
Great questions Jenny! Now grab your copy of Waterfall and join us! Don't forget to link up your answers to Jenny at Supernatural Snark.