Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tommy Nightmare Book Two The Paranormals Series by JL Bryan



While Fallen Oak recovers from the Jenny pox, someone new is hunting Jenny.

Like Jenny, Ashleigh Goodling belonged to a pair of opposites with powers that mirror each other.

Now Jenny and Seth must face the opposite of love...

Not recommended for readers under the age of 16 due to mature content.

*****************************************************************************************Contains Spoilers if you haven't read Jenny Pox******


Jenny and Seth face a different foe in this, the second in the Paranormals series by JL Bryan.  Ashleigh is dead, her bones buried by Darcy in a final act of tribute to her.  Homeland Security, the CDC and the National Guard have descended on Fallen Oak to figure out what caused the massive destruction of so many people and to cover it up.  After all, its an election year!  Only one person really wants to get to the bottom of it all and that's CDC doctor Heather Reynard.


While the town is under quarantine, Jenny and Seth are holed up at her house scared and uncertain about what is going to happen when they take Jenny's and Seth's blood.  Again, JL Bryan plays to Jenny's fears of being alone again, losing Seth the isolation as they argue about going off to college in Charleston where Jenny is afraid of touching someone.  They seem to drift further and further apart until Seth goes off to Charleston for a visit leaving Jenny behind.


Events unfold that neither of the two could have imagined even after meeting the opposite of love, which is not hate, but fear.  And fear has been dreaming of love and found a vessel for it.  Devious plans are in the works again and evil conspires against Seth and Jenny.  JL Bryan shows how doubt, fear and deception can easily prey upon one with such low self esteem as Jenny.


The action in this one is even more intense and the cliffhanger ending is bearable only because the third book is now out and you can read the conclusion to the series!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather - just stopping by to nose about and see how its going. I'm buried in tissues but fighting back ;D I have a new gadget on my sidebar via Blogger (called My Blog List which I changed to My Blog Role) which you put URLs of blogs you follow in and it shows up their most recent post - like an RSS feed. Ever so good. Popped you up.

    Hope you are well, Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - didn't notice you a WAY ahead of me and you have it installed at the bottom of your page. Dah ;D XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I skimmed this one since you said it had spoilers. Oh I'm so glad you really liked this one too. I think I'll wait to read this one because of the cliffie. Get the 3rd so I can read it all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful follow-up to Jenny Pox! Creepy and fantastic!

    Great review, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I skimmed the review too - since I haven't read the first one yet, but it totally sounds like a series I would love!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva