Monday, December 12, 2011

A Million Suns by Beth Revis SPOILER FREE

A Million Suns
By Beth Revis
RazorBill
Available January 10th, 2012
Amazon, Barnes and Noble



Godspeed was fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.
It's been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. And everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed. But there may just be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to enact his vision - no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder discovers shocking news about the ship, he and Amy race to discover the truth behind life on Godspeed. They must work together to unlock a puzzle that was set in motion hundreds of years earlier, unable to fight the romance that's growing between them and the chaos that threatens to tear them apart.

In book two of the Across the Universe trilogy, New York Times bestselling author Beth Revis mesmerizes us again with a brilliantly crafted mystery filled with action, suspense, romance, and deep philosophical questions. And this time it all builds to one mind-bending conclusion: They have to get off this ship.



I received this ARC from the publisher for some unknown reason and consider myself one of the luckiest people on the planet! I haven't even reviewed Across the Universe yet, but I thought you all might want to know whether you should put this on autobuy or not YES!!


FIRST  SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ACROSS THE UNIVERSE DON'T READ THIS REVIEW IT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THAT BOOK.  IT WILL NOT CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THIS BOOK.  IT IS SPOILER FREE!!


A Million Suns starts out shortly after Across The Universe ends.  The relationship between Elder and Amy is strained because of his admission to Amy in ATU, but hey, at least he was honest, something that seems to be in short supply on the ship.  Elder carries those wires around in his pocket, those wires he ripped from the machine that fed Phydus into the water supply.  He carries them around though he's not sure why.  A last resort? A reminder? He's not sure.


Eldest lessons come back to haunt him.  The three reasons for discord are rampant, Lack of a strong leader, difference and discord. Chaos is reigning and it does seem that mutiny could happen.  And the secrets, oh my god the secrets, I tweeted that Beth Revis has more secrets up her sleeves than the CIA. I was astounded. I probably had my mouth hanging open.  Every time I thought I knew the biggest secret, I was wrong.  Every time I thought a character was safe, I was wrong.  Every thing I thought was wrong, so if you think you have things figured out, YOU'RE PROBABLY WRONG!


This was a fast paced novel even at 387 pages (in the ARC).  I had a hard time putting it down, but I did have to sleep because I'd stayed up the night before reading Across the Universe.  I thought Across the Universe was full of surprises and murders, but it doesn't hold a candles to all the lies and deception going on in A Million Suns.


Elder is still the truthful, lovable person he was before, but he's having trouble leading the ship.  And really I think he'd just like to be a sixteen year old boy and chase after Amy.
Amy is still missing Sol-Earth and her parents and she is in constant danger, no one except Elder likes her.  And the people of the ship, without the Phydus, begin to show their true natures.  Some of those aren't so nice.  Elder has his hands full to say the least.  The last sentence will leave you breathless!


I can't say enough good things about this sequel to Across the Universe.  Buy it. Read it.  Gift it to friends.  It is so detailed and perfectly surprising it is already going to be one of my first favorites of the year, 2012.


Heather

4 comments:

  1. Hey Heather - I'm home today, back from UK visit and wanted to stop by. Great review - you clearly loved this book :D I haven't had that buzz for ages.

    Shah. X

    http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/12/interview-with-margay-leah-justice.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lucky you! I'm looking forward to this one and seeing how Elder handles things now that things worked out with Eldest the way they did. I like that things don't run super smoothly for him, it would definitely be a difficult transition for everyone aboard I would think:) Thanks for the spoiler free review Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shah and Jenny! I loved this book!! It was so awesome! I don't know how she did it but she made it as great as the first one!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so what's the last sentence? Across the Universe had the first chapter of A Million Suns in it, so of course I'm curious now.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva