Monday, December 26, 2011

Review Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick

Silence
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Simon and Schuster for Children
October 4, 2011

The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.

******Mildly Spoilerish******
When this first came out, I was angry.  I thought it was supposed to be the last in the Hush, Hush series and I wanted my HEA for Nora and Patch.  I refused to read it. So it's been sitting for a couple of months.  But all of a sudden this week, I wanted my bad boy Patch and I wanted to see if he could redeem himself, yet again.  So I picked it up and read it in one sitting.  Yes, it's that good!  I think Becca Fitzpatrick has improved as a writer because this book was by far the best in the series.  It's much better at character development and plot lines and all the things that other people complain about with the other books.  Not me.  I've loved the story from the beginning!

So, what sets this one apart so much?  We get to see so much more of Patch for one thing.  That makes it all worthwhile.  We are actually sure which side he's working for and what his feelings are.  And Nora is not the helpless female that she's seemed to be before.  Of course, she makes some dumb mistakes, but her heart is in the right place and she's actively pursuing the bad guys.  The whole story felt more like Patch and Nora working together against the enemy.  That's what I loved about it.  So, it didn't end. No HEA. There's still more story to tell.  And you know, I'm really, really glad.  I want more of Nora and Patch like this.  Together, sure of their loyalties.  I can deal with several more books if I just don't have to deal with Nora doubting Patch and Patch brooding and disappearing and paying other girls more attention than his own girlfriend.  I say bring it on!!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. *giggles* I sooooo know how you felt! I was so angry myself! I wanted it to end, but at the same time I was happy to get some more time with Patch...

    I loved this one too and the ending was phenomenal! But, in the beginning I was a bit annoyed by Nora's amnesia, I just felt it was a way of adding tension to the story. But, in the end I loved this one too!! YEAH for our Bad Boy Patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that the series has gotten better. I'm one that wasn't a fan of the first book so didn't continue on with the series, but maybe I'll give the author another try when she comes out with something else.
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva