Friday, December 23, 2011

Tempting Tuesdays-Some Girls Bite Read Along January 3-31st

In an attempt to grow up a little, I've decided to include some books on my blog that I consider older YA, maybe for the college crowd.  I'll be very picky in choosing the books that I review in that age group, no romance novels with overt sex scenes.  But I do want to cover what I consider a larger group of YA readers.
So, to that end, I am joining in on the Some Girls Bite Read Along that starts at Supernatural Snark on January 3rd. 

I haven't read the book yet and I'm going to try not to read ahead, but you know how it is if you love a book and I have a feeling I will.  The main character is a grad student in college who accidentally gets turned into a vampire and all kinds of trouble ensues from there.  Why did I change my mind you ask?  I'll show you.

Yeah, that's who Jenny at Supernatural Snark picked as the leading man in the book.  Don't tell my husband!
So this is book one in Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vampires series and Jenny assures me it's tame, especially compared to some of the YA that I chose not to read.  I have no problem with sex in books, I am just not looking to review books that have a lot in them.  I'm looking for characters and plot.  But a sexy leading man or um vampire doesn't hurt either!

I hope you'll join in!  I had so much fun with the Waterfall Wednesdays.  We discussed books!! It was such a great time.  The first four questions are already posted at Supernatural Snark and there is a schedule of where to go for the next week and the next and so on.  It's really a lot of fun!  This book has been out for a while so I bet your library has it if you don't want to buy it.  So join me and the rest of us as we read SOME GIRLS BITE!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you're widening your net ! I enjoy older YA - its fun to read teenage intensity and I love adventure mixed with a romance which doesn't rely on fleshy happenings to convey its relevance. I'm so up for these 'biting' reviews :D I just want to say: Happy Christmas and best wishes for the year ahead to you and your lucky family :D X


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva