Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Touch by Jus Accardo

   Touch by Jus Accardo
 Entangled Publishing

November 2011
AmazonBarnes and Noble

When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home. 

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect.

I loved every minute of this book.  It was my favorite kind.  Fast paced, action packed, full of surprises and it had a great romance in it.  Now, I know you're all going to say, insta love oh no.  But in this case, I think it's a given.  There's something special about the relationship between Dez and Kale.  She's one of a kind for him.  He's never touched another person before, never been touched because his touch kills.  The outside world is like Disneyland to him, full of wonder and new things, but also scary because Denazen Corp. is after him and now Dez.  But he will do anything to keep her safe from them and stay with her.

Dez for her part is tough as nails.  She's grown up without a mother and has been trying to gets her father's attention ever since.  If she can't have his love, then she'll take his anger and she does a lot to make him angry.  But he really doesn't seem to care, until the night with Kale.

The next few days lead Dez and Kale on a wild goose chase looking for someone to help them break some sixes out of Denazen.  Dez has to lead Kale around like a child seeing the world for the first time while trying to stay out of her father's clutches.  People are killed for knowing too much.  People are revealed as sixes that Dez has known all her life.  She's betrayed, let down, surprised and confused.  

To say there are twists and turns in this book is putting it mildly.  It's like Space Mountain at Disney World.  It shoots through the dark at lightspeed (it felt like that) and you can't see where you're going until the next turn.  You're body goes one way, you go another.  That's what the story line is like.  Don't ever think you can predict what's going to happen.  Not with the unusual power of the sixes.  Everyone's powers are different and they are incredible.

My favorite lines in the book:  To set the scene up, Kale is trying to understand the girlfriend boyfriend thing and he calls it holding hands.  This is directed at Alex, Dez's ex-boyfriend:  "You hurt her. She told me. Why do you care if she lets me kiss her? She holds my hand now, not yours!" (p.113)
I think that is the sweetest thing in the world he could have said!  She holds my hand now, not yours!  I just love that about Kale.

Anyway, this is a fantastic novel.  YA paranormal lovers are going to eat this up.  Yes, it does have sex in it so you decide if you're old enough.  It's extremely tastefully done and in no way overly explicit.  I was really impressed with the way it was written.  The romance is not the focus of the story, but it's one of them, so if that bothers you, well you'll miss out.  I really cannot recommend this one enough.  I'll be pushing this one on everyone!  
Buy it. Read it. Give it to friends that read YA!



  1. This book sounds AWESOME! I keep hearing all this great stuff about it and I SO want to read it! Ahh! GREAT review! And I agree- that hand holding line is super cute! :)

  2. I loved this too - but you know that :) X

  3. Hey Heather, sounds intriguing. Am popping this on my TBR list right now :)



  4. This sounds fantastic! I love books with twists and turns! Fast pace is great too, and while I'm not generally a fan of insta-love, I can swallow it if it doesn't overwhelm the rest of the plot (and it doesn't seem like that happens here). Thanks!

    I also like all your Disney references :)

  5. Yet another stellar review for this one, I really need to buy it! I keep saying that and then I completely space out and forget what I meant to do:) I think sometimes insta-love works, and it seems like this is one of those rare occasions so I'm excited to give it a try. Beautiful review Heather!

  6. Love this book! Nice review.


  7. Hey Everyone! I am so glad you enjoyed my review! I think you'll enjoy the novel ever more! I can't wait for another one in the series!!

    Happy reading and thank you so much for your comments! I really do love them!


  8. Hahahaa - there's that instalove again! Yeah, I am totally reading this one anyways. Sometimes it works and is needed for the story and the connection! Great review.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva