Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 1

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This is my first time participating in this meme but I have tons of books I'm eagerly awaiting.  I counted 15 for the month of January, but I'm choosing one that releases in February.

CUT meets HATCHET in this lacerating debut about girls, knives, and redemption.
The Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness Area stretches across two million acres in northern Idaho. In its heart sits the Alice Marshall School, where fifty teenage girls come to escape their histories and themselves.
Lida Wallace has tried to negate herself in every way possible. At Alice Marshall, she meets Elsa Boone, a fierce native Idahoan; Jules, who seems too healthy to belong at the school; and Gia Longchamps, whose glamour entrances the entire camp. As the girls prepare for a wilderness trek, Lida is both thrilled and terrified to be chosen as Gia's friend. But everyone has their secrets--their "Things" they try to protect; and when those come out, the knives do as well.
THE GIRLS OF NO RETURN is a bold and powerful debut.
I love those mental health issues and this one seems to be loaded with mental health issues as well as survival issues.  I can't wait to read this one!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this one, either! Seriously gorgeous cover, and the premise is powerfully dark which excites me :)

    Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoOh I love the sounds of this one! Definitely my type of book! Awesome pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah!!! sounds just so amazing! love survival stuff!!

    stop by my WOW post?!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, totally new to me and I really like the sound of this one too!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva