Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday 2

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

So here are two that I am eagerly awaiting, one I found through the Historical Fantasy Jubilee at Small Review and at Ruby Reads and that book is:

There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia… 

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper— 

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia. 

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother. 

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.

Harper’s new boyfriend Logan Townsend is everything she never knew she always wanted—tall, muscular, with tousled brown hair that falls effortlessly around his face. But what’s most exciting about Logan is that he’s exhilaratingly dangerous, and dating him allows Harper to say, “buh bye” to her good-girl past and “hello” to newfound adventure. 

There’s only one problem with Harper’s otherwise heart-stopping romance: Logan’s twin brother Daemon. Harper knows he’s a bad seed, but she tries to look past his dark, icy stare and his chilling demeanor. After all, he and Logan are a package deal. 

Then cow bones start appearing in people’s mailboxes, a flock of birds show up dead, and all of the cars in the senior parking lot are given flat tires—and covered with blood-red handprints. Logan insists that Daemon isn’t involved—sure, he’s had some trouble in the past, but they moved to Harper’s quiet northwest Washington town so that they could both start over. 

Harper desperately wants to believe Logan, but the more he tries to protect his brother, the more she wonders what she isn’t being told. Now, Harper must unearth the hidden secrets of the mysterious Townsend brothers’ history if she and Logan are to have any hope of a future. But learning what brought Logan and Daemon to town won’t put just her heart in jeopardy... She’s playing with her life.

So what are you waiting for???



  1. oh lord. BOTH look amazing!!!

    stop by my WOW? I've read the book, but lots of people are excited for it, so I also posted my review!! :)

  2. Yes to both! There are so many great books coming out next year I can hardly even deal with it. My bookshelves are going to be out of control and I can't wait. Awesome picks Heather!

  3. The one on bottom is new to me. Thx for sharing.


  4. Oh yummy to the top one. Great idea! Hope you're doing well on the climb to Christmas Heather. :D Shah. X

  5. A bad boy book...I'm in. I hear my Kindle groaning from being stuffed with my growing TBR list. Thank you for the insightful comment on my blog.

  6. I hadn't heard of either of these but they both sound AMAZING!

  7. I know you guys! So many amazing books! So little money! My dollars will be spent on these two for sure!! I already know I like Mandy Hubbard's writing and if you read Susan Dennard's blog, you'll find her writing style hard not to like.
    Visit her here Susan Dennard

    Thanks for stopping by everyone and for your comments! Much appreciated!


  8. I can't wait to read Something Strange & Deadly - looks so good...and the cover is gorgeous!

  9. Good picks! There are so many books on my waiting list along with the TBR list :)

    Mad Scientist @ Steampunkery & Book Reviews

  10. I LOVE Mandy Hubbard! Can't wait to read Dangerous Boy!

  11. I hadn't seen either one of these before! Love those covers! The second book looks especially good to me!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva