Wednesday, December 21, 2011

WOW 3

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we share upcoming releases we are excited about! Here's a couple I can't wait for:


Are you ready for more ANGELS??
Forbidden
by Syrie James and Ryan M. James
January 24th, 2012
Harper Teen


She should not exist. 

He should not love her. 

Claire Brennan has been attending Emerson Academy for two years now (the longest she and her mom have remained anywhere) and she’s desperate to stay put for the rest of high school. So there’s no way she’s going to tell her mom about the psychic visions she’s been having or the creepy warnings that she’s in danger. 

Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson as the ideal hiding place where he could be normal for once. He hadn’t factored Claire into his plans. . . . 

Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the reason behind Claire’s unusual powers is revealed and the threat to her life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?


                                                                                                      
                                                                                                              
                                                               
    Lies Beneath
by Anne Greenwood Brown
Delacorte Press
June 12, 2012
    
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of murderous mermaids. To survive, Calder and his sisters prey on humans, killing them to absorb their energy. But this summer the underwater clan targets Jason Hancock out of pure revenge. They blame Hancock for their mother's death and have been waiting a long time for him to return to his family's homestead on the lake. Hancock has a fear of water, so to lure him in, Calder sets out to seduce Hancock's daughter, Lily. Easy enough—especially as Calder has lots of practice using his irresistable good looks and charm on ususpecting girls. Only this time Calder screws everything up: he falls for Lily—just as Lily starts to suspect that there's more to the monsters-in-the-lake legends than she ever imagined. And just as his sisters are losing patience with him.


Yep, Angels and Mermaids/Mermen.  That's what I'm looking forward to this week. What about you? I bet it's something great!  Leave me a link so I can check it out!

Heather:)                   

16 comments:

  1. oooh these books sound INTERESTING!!! and i especially LOVE the covers of both books! Thanks alot for sharing dear!!

    Farah @ Majibookshelf
    Here is our WOW: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds great, thanks for sharing!

    check out my WoW: http://shortandsweetreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/wow-waiting-on-wednesday-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of Forbidden :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Lies Beneath. I already feel sorry for Calder and the predicament he's in.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great things to look forward do! I do love my angels and mermaids! Also always got to have a forbidden romance! Both sound interesting.

    Visit My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the covers! Both the books sound pretty good! Great choices! Thank you for sharing it!!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between and Lies Beneath sounds awesome! definitely adding them on my growing list ;)

    Awesome picks!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Lies Beneath! Luv it! Luv it! Luv it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Incidentally, Infinitely Reading also chose Forbidden as their featured book for this week. Great bloggers must think alike! ;)

    Hope you can visit my WoW post:

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/waiting-on-wednesday-9-2/

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound awesome! Love that dress on Forbidden. I'm ready for more angels or merpeople - as long as they are done well!!!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks. I look forward to reading both of these books. Thanks for sharing.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  11. A huge YES to both of these, cannot wait! Forbidden sounds amazing, angel stories are really growing on me. And murdering mermaids? SOLD! That sounds crazy different and I need to read it asap:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angels and Mermaids are my kind of books. Excellent picks! I love these covers too.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great WoW. Both picks look really interesting. Thanks for sharing and Happy Reading. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard of both these before; they sound really interesting!
    Romi.x

    My "WOW"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe I hadn't heard of the prequel either! Search it on the internet; it's easy enough to fine, luckily!

    I think it's definitely worth rereading the inkworld series; I found INkspell slow reading when I read it, and with the publishing gaps between the first 2 and the last, I forgot a bit, so it's going to be great reading them all at once!

    I liked the film; I loved Meggie's style!
    Romi.xxx

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva