Wednesday, December 28, 2011

WOW 4

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine where bloggers share their most awaited books! Here's mine and please don't forget to share your links with me!!

For Darkness Shows The Stars
by Diana Peterfreund

Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Eighteen-year-old Luddite Elliot North has always known her place in this caste system. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. But now the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress and threatening Luddite control; Elliot’s estate is floundering; and she’s forced to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliott wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she abandoned him.

But Elliot soon discovers her childhood friend carries a secret—-one that could change the society in which they live…or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she has lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen’s PERSUASION, FOR DARKNESS SHOWS THE STARS is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it.

Did anyone catch that last sentence?? Inspired by JANE AUSTEN'S PERSUASSION???   She had me at Jane!!

AND

WAIT FOR IT

Shadow Sight
Ivy Granger Psychic Detective
E.J. Stevens

I recently made an announcement that I was going to be selectively adding some older books to my blog for older YA readers.  I love E.J. Stevens She Smells The Dead series so I can just imagine how much I'm gonna love this one.  Besides look at those rockin' boots on the cover and then read the book synopsis, so much craziness going on what's not to love?

Some things are best left unseen... 

Ivy Granger's second sight is finally giving her life purpose. Ivy and her best friend Jinx may not be raking in the dough, but their psychic detective agency pays the bills--most of the time. Their only worry is the boredom of a slow day and the occasional crazy client--until a demon walks through their door. 

Demons are never a good sign... 

A demon attorney representing the water fey? Stranger things have happened. And things are about to get very, very strange as a bloodthirsty nightmare hunts the city of Harborsmouth. 

There's blood in the water... 

Kelpies have a reputation for eating humans. Unfortunately, Kelpies are the clients. When an Unseelie Fey this evil stalks the waterways of your city, you have to make hard choices. 

The lesser of two evils

So, what are you waiting on ????
Heather

9 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED for For Darkness Shows the Stars, I haven't read Persuasion, but the whole premise sounds fantastic. Breathtaking romance? That's more than enough for me to want to read it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Persuasion and I think this book will take it too a whole new level!!! Cannot wait!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I want the Darkness book! I think that cover is gorgeous! Nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EJ Stevens has another lot coming out? Awesome. I loved Spirit Guide, and have the second and third on my shelf to be read. Thanks for sharing!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound juicy. Hello, Miss Austen-like. I'm there. A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis is the one I'm waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to For Darkness Shows the Stars. It sounds so good! Great picks. Please check out my Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read For Darkness, love it every time I see that cover too!
    E.J.'s newest one looks amazing as well!!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!!!! For Darkness Shows the Stars sounds soooo awesome!! Great WoW. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your comments and sharing your picks with me!

    Leslie Rose- I have already read A Million Suns and it is AWESOME!!! More of the same as in Across the Universe but so much bigger. Your mouth will be hanging open!!


    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva