Sunday, January 15, 2012

IMM 1-15-12

IMM
This is a meme started by The Story Siren  as a way for bloggers to share books they've received over the week.  It's a good way to learn about new and old books alike.

So here's what I received or bought this week.

From Net Galley:
Revealing Eden-Save the Pearls by Victoria Foyt
The Fairy Letters from Prince Kian to Queen Breena by Kailin Gow
Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
Queens of All The Earth by Hannah Sternberg

Purchased for Kindle
Angelfall by Susan Ee
Every Last Kiss-The Bloodstone Saga by Courtney Cole

For Review:
The Prince of Powys by Cornelia Amiri
Barking Mad A Reginald Spiffington Mystery (Kismet Tour Book) by Jamieson Ridenhour
The Priest and the Peaches by Larry Peterson
The New Death and Others (Short Stories and Poems) by James Hutchings
And Crazy by Amy Lynn Reed no picture available (from Simon and Schuster Galley Grab)

Thanks to Random House, Delacorte Books For Young Readers, Bancroft Press, Bookmasters, Sandollar Press, Cornelia Amiri, Tribute Press, Jamieson Ridenhour and James Hutchings , Sparklesoup, The Edge Books and Simon and Schuster.

Won from Book Sake's 1100 Follower's Contest
These are all by Julie Anne Peters
Luna, Far From Xanadu with a new title called Pretend You Love Me, Rage and She Loves You She Loves You Not
Thanks to Book Sake and Julie Anne Peters. They were all personally autographed to me and the author sent a book plate for By The Time You Read This, I'll Be Dead which I already own.

Bought 
Dreamdark Blackbringer by Laini Taylor
Dreamdark Silksinger by Laini Taylor
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

and finally from PaperBackSwap
Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh
Dracula, My Love by Syrie James
My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking
Somebody Everybody Listens To by Suzanne Supplee

Whew!  My Mailbox was really busy. Both my Kindle and my real mailbox. 
I saved one of my favorites for last. From my friend Kellie at Walden Pond I received a wrapped book in the mail.  When I unwrapped the wrapping, I saw this inside-
The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy. It doesn't come out until May but you have to read the premise.
Enter a world where everything, even our classic fairy tales, is not at all what it seems. 

Prince Liam. Prince Frederic. Prince Duncan. Prince Gustav. You've never head of them, have you? These are the princes who saved Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel, respectively, and yet, thanks to those lousy bards who wrote the tales, you likely know them only as "Prince Charming." But all of this is about to change... 

Rejected by their princesses and cast out of their castles, Liam, Frederic, Duncan, and Guztav stumble upon an evil plot that could endanger each of their kingdoms. Now it's up to them to triumph over their various shortcomings, take on trolls, bandits, dragons, witches, and other associated terrors to becom the heroes no one ever thought they could be.

If you love fairy tales, you're gonna love this one!!

Hope you all got good things and have a good week!
Smiles and  Happy Reading
Heather


7 comments:

  1. The Fault in Our Stars is very popular this week!

    Happy Reading!
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing week in books. Congratulations on your winning the Jule Anne Peters books. I started reading her books. I recently read Rage and was so affected by her characters. I hope to read By the Time Your Read this next. I got it at the library but had to return it before I had a chance to read it.

    It looks like you got some great books from NetGalley too. I've cut back on my requests until I get caught up on my reviews. But seeing so many great books makes me what to head right over and make some requests.

    Enjoy all of your books and I look forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set! I can't wait to read Lies Beneath. I'm very curious about Laini Taylor's other books.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of great books! Enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! So much loot! I need to look up so many of your books! I feel like my list just grew tenfold... Always more to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! So many fabulous books! I've heard amazing things about Angelfall so I grabbed it a while back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I don't get approved for Lies Beneath on Netgalley, I am going to cry. Seriously. lol I've been rejected by Bloomsbury for every book I've requested lately, I can't take it! (haha)

    I hope Lies Beneath is good!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva