Sunday, January 8, 2012

IMM Kindle Crazy

Imm

Imm is a meme started by Kristi at The Story Siren as a way for bloggers to share what books they got to read this week.  Mine covers a slovenly request for books on Net Galley with the purchase of a Kindle. A very greedy downloading of all thing free that I might possibly read from the freebies on Kindle and a slightly less piggish purchasing of some great deals.  It has taken hours to get all these pictures. I don't know why. I just have a hard time with Picasa. It always leaves pictures out of my collages and it did today so I'll list the books at the end.  And please remember also that I haven't done one of these in awhile.  I also have been given a few other books for review by some authors but felt they'd get lost in this post so I'm saving them.
Please don't judge me....I went Kindle Crazy!!!
First the books I bought from Amazon, received for review and got from Paperback Swap and I won one..
I purchased from Amazon: Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill for the Tempting Tuesdays read alongs.
The Statistical Probability of Falling in Love At First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
Darkness Falls Immortal Beloved 2 by Cate Tiernan
Don't Breathe A Word by Holly Cupula
For Review
Outlaw Heroes by Deanna Lynn Sletten
Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran
From Paperback Swap 
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce
and 
Dancergirl by Carol M Tanzman
just showed up in my mailbox so I think I won it in a contest but I don't
know who it was from so thanks to whoever it came from and the author and publisher!! 
Isn't it fun to get books you don't expect??

Okay next, my gluttony all the Kindle shorts for novels I've read or am reading for FREE

Retro Demonolgy by Jana Oliver, Turned at Dark by CC Hunter, The Strange Case of Finley Jayne
by Kady Cross, Beasts and BFFs by Shannon Delany, Tomorrow is Today by Julie Cross (Tempest), Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly Series) by Ellie James, and Remedial Magic by Jenna Black (Faeriewalker Series).  I figured you knew the other series.  Also Julie Kagawa's Summer's Crossing is still on there and Winter's Passage might still be there too, not sure.

More piggy-ness as I purchased most of these cheaply though the new releases were full price.
Hollowland by Amanda Hocking (free), The Trouble with Spells by Lacey Weatherford (cheap)
Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph, Ten Things We Did and Probably Shouldn't Have by Sarah Mylnowski (free!), Untraceable by S.R. Johannes, The Vincent Boys by Abbie Glines (99 cents) The Golden Acorn by Cathryn Cooper, Nathaniel Fludd-Flight of the Phoenix (Beastologist #1) by RA La Fevers, The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams and Entwined by Heather Dixon.  Also left off the list was Starcrossed by Elizabeth C Bunce and The Emerald Talisman (free) by Brenda Pandos.

Next I went crazy at Net Galley. It had been so long since I'd requested anything from them I couldn't believe I still had an account with them.  So I updated my profile and sent off my requests, fifty of them, not expecting they would all be accepted.  But most of them have.  Below is a sampling:
I'll list the titles real quick-
The Book of Blood and Shadows, First Aid for Fairies, Dust Girl, Zeke Bartholomew Superspy, Pretty Crooked, The Vanishing Game, Ripper, How to Make a Golem, Halflings, Under the Never Sky, Fury's Fire (sequel to Siren's Storm), Scarlett Dedd, The Jade Notebook, Incarnate, The Green Mann, Graffiti Moon, The Otherworld Chronicles-The Invisible Tower, Hellsbane, New Girl (left out of the picture) Poison Most Vial, The Peculiars, Haint Misbehavin and Dying to Know You.

I'd like to thank Abrams, Bell Bridge Books, Bloomsbury, Entangled Publishing, Floris Books, Flux Books,
Harlequin, Harper Collins, Sourcebooks, Tundra Books and Zondervan for the Net Galley ARC's.  I'd also like to thank Jonathan Lazzarra at Random House.

Whew! I have already read an reviewed some of these. Others are just waiting for an open date on my blog to post.  If you've read any of these, let me know what you thought.  A couple of them are older.  I read Under The Never Sky and Entwined and will have to have both in the Hard Back copies.  I loved them both!

You couldn't possibly have been as much of a pig as me as far as Kindle books.  Show me what you got!!
I'm dying to know!!
Heather

12 comments:

  1. Well you've made me feel much better about my own gluttony now :) I also went a little NetGalley crazy....Great books!

    My IMM @ The Aussie Zombie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be busy for a long time! I loved Incarnate!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many great books!! I hope you love CINDER. I'm celebrating the novel all week on my blog along with other Cinderella retellings. I'd love to have you check it out :) I'm doing a DON'T BREATHE A WORD tour stop soon as well. I really want to read DRAGONSWOOD. ENTWINED is such a great price. Glad you could pick it up. It's great! If you don't own DELIRIUM yet, it's also been $2.99 for your Kindle! 50 books from NG? You'll be so busy!! I have some of these to read, too. Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I really need to read Cinder after the amazing things I've read about it.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woot! What an awesome haul of book! And isn't is awesome that you can finally fully use NetGalley since you got your Kindle!! ? Woho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection! Are you starting the Chicagoland Vampires sseries for the first time?

    Here's my IMM: Goldilox's IMM

    And join the Paranormal Fantasy Reading Challenge if you're interested: Sign up post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome mailbox! I went a little crazy when I first got my nook, so completely understand! And NetGalley is so darn tempting! Enjoy all of your new books!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! Dancergirl just showed up for me too. I can't figure out why. I'm excited to read it though.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness you did go crazy, but such great picks! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! This mailbox is epic!! The HElp is one of my all time favorite books!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hhahahhaa, soooooo many books. I think I have all the Kindle ones - I hope to read...one day, but I think the freebie Kindle books I have top 300 right now. I will definitely read Finley Jayne!!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not judging you, haha. I'm sure I would go on crazy Kindle shopping sprees if Amazon allows residents of Asia & Pacific to buy books. To substitute for what I can't have, I go on sprees at other book sites that sell Kindle-compatible eBooks. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva