Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tempting Tuesdays Week 4

Week Four Discussion Questions: Chapters 13-15 + epilogue

1. Chapter 13 opens with Merit describing her new job routine as House Sentinel. Considering that every job at Cadogan House is important in helping to make the house run efficiently, which job do you think you'd like to have (guard, cook, social director, gardener, etc.) and why?

Is there a job that you could lay around and read all day? Probably not. How about house historian. They must need someone like that. Catalog the days events. Get the history of newbies they just initiated into the house. Record the recent events. That would be the job I'd like to have. Something to do with writing and my mind. Yeah, so maybe I made it up, but somebody has to keep that Cannon up to date!

2. In the supernatural world of Chicagoland Vampires, politics seem to play an important role in the way the Houses are run. Now that you've been introduced to the Rogues, do you think it's better for vampires to be a part of a House or to live outside of one. 

For the vampires, I'd say live in a house. Yes they have to follow rules, but I think it's safer for them. If a murder happens, as it does in the book, they won't be rounded up and thrown in jail just because they don't have a house.  To me the house seems kind of like a union. They get medical, dental and a lawyer if they need one!

3. After Morgan openly asks to court Merit, she feels betrayed when Ethan commands her to accept for the show of alliance it could bring to Cadogan House. Do you think her reaction was warranted?

Hell yes!  Here it seems they have feelings, or at least attraction to each other and he's basically saying 
you have to date this guy for the good of the house. He doesn't ask if she likes him or if it's okay, he's basically rejecting her and forcing her to pretty much prostitute herself out to Morgan all in one command, not that she has to sleep with him, but still.  It's like a slap in the face.

4. When Ethan meets with the perpetrator of the murders, were you surprised to discover who it was? If you suspected someone, were your suspicions correct? What did you think of the perpetrator's motive?

Celina was always suspicious, but I didn't think Amber would betray him. She didn't seem to have the brains for it.  And that a rogue did the killings was no surprise. But Celina's reasoning was that of a madwoman, which is often the case.  There was no way it would work. They should have stayed hidden to begin with and everyone would  have been much safer.

5. What was your favorite/least favorite parts of Some Girls Bite?

My favorite part was when Merit challenged Ethan to a fight and held her own. Actually it was always when she stood up to him. I loved the banter back and forth. She was gutsy and I liked her for it.

My least favorite, and I know I'm going against the grain here is Mallory and Catcher together. Alone, I could accept them, even like them, but the constant groping and fighting and PDA just turned me off.

6. What do you think is coming up next for Merit, Sentinel of Cadogan House? Will you continue reading this series, and if so, what do you hope to see happen in the next book?

I'm pretty sure Merit is going to be tested in ways she never imagined as Sentinel. I don't know what those ways are, but I know they won't be easy or fun.  And yes, I plan to continue reading the series. I really enjoyed it. I love these read alongs! When is the next one? 

Thanks Missie! These were great questions and thanks to everyone that participated! I had so much fun answering the questions and thinking more about the novel than I might have otherwise. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else answered the questions!



  1. Hi Heather!
    Great answers. If you are keeping the Canon up to date maybe you could spice it up and do a cliff note version. Add some sexy pictures.
    Oh yes the Ethan Merit fight was epic. Got to hand it to Merit that took guts! I am sure Merit will continue to shine!
    I hope you will be along for Hounded!

  2. I agree Heather, Ethan's actions definitely felt like a slap in the face and I would have been hard pressed in her shoes not to be hurt. But, she did suck it up and go after Ethan and save his life there at the end which makes her a far better woman than I:) I still love him though, even when he shows all his colorful asshat feathers!

  3. Yes! I agree with Heidi. You could probably add a lot of fun little notes and pictures to make the Canon much more readable. LOL

    Thanks so much for joining us on the read-along.

    The next one I'm co-hosting for Hounded is more UF than anything. There are a few allusions to sex and maybe some expletives in the languages used, but its mostly PG-13. It's much in the fashion of Some Girls Bite. In fact, I think the Amber/Ethan smex scene was way more telling than anything you'd find in Hounded.

    I hope you'll consider joining us. :)

  4. Haha, Merit did spend an awful lot of time complaining about The Cannon...Maybe you could create some sparknotes, lol.

    I'll agree with you that the Amber thing did come out of nowhere. And while I didn't like her much to begin with, I'm not sure it was necessary for her to be part of the scheme...what role did she really play?

  5. I think Merit would agree with you on the Catcher and Mallory PDA overload. lol.

    And that is very true! The Cannon does need to be kept current, especially when big event like the vampires going public happens.

  6. I think I agree about Catcher and Mallory. Their 'relationship' just kind of annoys me.
    And I don't trust Ethan, seems like he has to know more then he's letting on.
    House Historian, there you go! How about a job being the house professional reader? The job can be reading books so you can recommend them to the vampires. lol. Just thought up that one right now ;)

  7. Yeah, if I get it read in time I'll do Hounded. I'm growing my blog up a little as far as reading level goes. So I think we can handle Hounded. I love is sense of humor!! And the only actor that reminds me of him is the one from (and this will show you how old I am) The Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins who I don't think ever did another movie! But every time I see the cover of Hounded I think of him, which has nothing to do with Some Girls Bite!

    I still like the person who answered she'd be head vamp and put Ethan in a french maid's uniform and have him cleaning toilets! That is my favorite answer so far through this whole read along!!



This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva