Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tempting Tuesdays 3

Today's Tempting Tuesdays is brought to us by Rummanah Aasi at Books in the Spotlight!
Thanks Rummanah Aasi for the great questions!

Discussion Questions Chapter 9-12 

 1. Catcher and Ethan share some personality traits. What makes Mallory, Merit, and even us readers attracted to these guys? Would you date/mate with someone like these guys in real life?

They are Alpha males. Strong personalities, demanding, very sure of themselves, arrogant (It doesn't mean I don't like him Linds!), and extremely good looking. The stop in the street turn around and look. I'm attracted to those guys in my books. I even like the take charge kind of guy sometimes outside of my books, but that's usually because I'm falling apart. In general, no I don't want to be paired with an Alpha male. I'm not an Alpha female and I know how that relationship works-it doesn't. No an Alpha Male needs and Alpha Female. Someone that won't take their attitude and who will stand up to them. And best them every once in awhile just to humble them and keep them human (Ethan). Plus I'd never trust him to be faithful to me if he's looking that good! I've seen the looks you've all been giving these guys!

 2. In Chapter 9 we learn of another murder. Do you see any patterns with the previous murder and Merit's attack? Do you have any guesses as to who is responsible and the motive behind the murders?

Ya got me! Of course I read straight through to the end so I know who did it, but I had no clue while I was reading. There are a lot of red herrings!  Yes, there are some similarities.  The girls all look similar to Merit. And I don't know why. I don't even know that it was explained at the end. But at this point, I had no idea who was doing it. I thought maybe a rogue vampire. We don't know much about them.

 3. The commendation is my favorite moment in the book and a significant event in Merit's life. She has finally come to terms that she is a Cadogan vampire. Were you surprised at all that Merit resisted Ethan's call and that he made her a Sentinel? Do you think she'll do well in this position? Why or why not?

I didn't realize that's what was happening. I thought she was freaking out. I thought she was changing her mind about going up there. Or something else weird was going on. I just didn't understand until Ethan came down and yelled at her. Then I got it. And yeah, I was really surprised she could resist a vampire that old and that she was made Sentinel. It took me a bit to understand that she wasn't his personal guard, but that she guarded the House Cadogan. So potentially, she could kill Ethan if he threatened the House.  And yes, since she's taking things seriously now, I think she'll do well in this position. She seems to have special abilities. She's big and strong. A skilled fighter, but also she can be diplomatic (unless it's Ethan).  I think she'd put her position before her own needs.

 4. Loyalty is a reoccurring theme throughout the book and much of this series. Why is it so important to Ethan that he needs Merit's allegiance? Is it solely a Master and Sentinel thing or does it imply something else?

I think it implies something else. Certainly the show she put on when she fought him showed she challenged him.  He needs her to show allegiance, now.  But also, something is stirring in the vampire world and if Merit is blessed with super powers, then he really needs her to show allegiance to him and House Cadogan.  It's political. She's got the human family with the name. Her grandfather is the Ombudsman. He's in a pretty good position with her in his house and she has to protect the house at all costs, even if he's gone.  I also think it's a setup for future novels. But I haven't read any others, yet.

 5. If you had the opportunity to sit down with Ethan, Merit, Mallory, and Catcher for a bite to eat like in the beginning of Chapter 12, what questions would you ask them at this point of the story?

Oh, now I'm going to have to find the book. Hang on! Oh my Chapter Twelve does not start with eating! Not at all!! Have to go a few pages in for the food.  Okay, hot dogs. First, I'd ask Ethan why he let Merit watch and why Merit did. Bet their faces would be burning!!  Then I'd ask them when they were going to stop playing games and get down to business. And I'd want to know from Ethan everything he knows about what's going on. Was he following Merit so that he just "happened" to be on the scene when she was attacked?  Does he know more about Merit than we do?  And Catcher- Why isn't he training Mallory if she needs to know magic so much. And what's his bond with Ethan? And why did he get thrown out of Magic School or whatever it was? Other than that one, I don't have many questions for the girls. I think I know enough from them.  It's always the guys that are keeping secrets.  You gotta drag it out of them!

These were really fun questions Rummanah Aasi!!! Thanks for hosting Tempting Tuesday this week!


  1. So many great questions you asked Heather! I want to know about his relationship with Ethan, and definitely why he's on the outs with the other Sorcerers. I could actually go for a whole spinoff book about just Catcher:) And I can't even begin to write down all the questions I have for Ethan, so really, I'd just like to ask him to get naked so I can just stare at him. Hubs probably wouldn't want that to be my question for him though:)

  2. Hi Heather. Excellent questions at the end. Oh yes asking her why she watched would definitely put her in her place. I am like you, I didn't realize she was resisting either until Ethan was in her face. Good point about worrying whether Ethan would cheat on you.

  3. Those are some interesting questions for Ethan, Heather! If you continue to read the rest of the books in the series, you do get some answers to your questions. I also had the same question for Catcher in regards to Mallory's training. I kinda wished we got more page presence with them and their training. I think they are just a fun couple!

  4. Jenny- If your hubs can laugh at the dog throw up and inedible dinners then get McDonald's for you, you've got a keeper. Don't do naked Gabriel, I mean Ethan!

    Heidi-I know right! I mean, I'd never watch. I get embarrassed on t.v. even sitting alone! I'm not sure why that is. But I would never watch especially when I knew he knew!! And with guys that gorgeous, they're used to having girls throwing themselves at them all the time. What's monogamy to them. And more than once, we're reminded how old he is, how far he is removed from his humanity!

    Rummanah Aasi- I thought so. Jenny hinted as much. Did you read the latest release? I was upset b/c there is a HUGE spoiler in a review on one of the books on Amazon about Ethan. You know the one. And I wasn't going to continue, but Jenny told me to keep going. Maybe Chloe will do a spin off on Catcher and Mallory. They'd make a great story line. But she has her YA series right now, too. So I guess she's busy! Or, maybe their story is coming....


  5. What? Hahaha! Is How to train your Alpha Male a book I can actually buy?

    More than once, I've wished for Catcher to have his own series. I bet he's had quite a lot of adventures, and I really want to know more about him.

  6. Ok, it's beginning to forebode that everyone who's finished the book is saying the ending is a little flimsy. Not that the mystery is really what's keeping me in the book (nope that would be the promise of Ethan and Merit eventually hooking up!) But, still, I like my mysteries to at least be well thought out. Hoping it's not as bad as I'm thinking...

  7. Oh yeah! I should have asked Catcher why he was thrown out of the magic club place thing. And how and why him and Ethan are so close.

    I think my fictional self (you know how I imagine I would be in a book) would do well with an alpha male. But everyone has made a good point, would life be very easy with these guys in real life? NO WAY! I'd be stressing about losing them to someone much hotter then me! And of course in real life I had NO chance whatsoever.

  8. I love how much thought you put into that last question. Just go's to show there is a lot of unanswered stuff going on at this point...!

    And PS- The Alpha Male- hands down WIN!

  9. Yeah I wouldn't expect Ethan to stay loyal to just one person either and with all of us hitting on him at the same time he is sure to be ravished by someone *cough by me cough*

    Well one more week and I shall know who the heck is doing all this killings, right? Yeah I am still going in turtle pace. Sloooooooow. lol

    Great answers Heather, see you next week :)


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva