Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WOW 5

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we share our most anticipated
reads.  Here are two that I am looking forward to reading this year!


                         
Touched
by Cyn Balog
Delacorte Books for Young Readers
August 14, 2012

Nick Cross always listens to the voice in his head. Because if he doesn't? Things can go really, really wrong. Like the day he decided to go off script and saved a girl from being run over . . . and let another one drown. Trying to change the future doesn't work.

But this summer at the Jersey Shore, something's about to happen that Nick never could have predicted. He meets a girl named Taryn and finds out about the Book of Touch. Now the path that he thought he was on begins to shift . . . and there's no way to stop things from happening. Or is there? 

In a life where there are no surprises, nothing has prepared Nick for what he's about to discover--or the choice he will be forced to make. . . .

And.....



The Drowned Cities
by Paolo Bacigalupi
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
May 1, 2012

Okay, I know the cover isn't amazing but Bacigalupi's first book, Ship Breaker won a Printz Award and I just finished it and reviewed it Here.
It was that good that I'm taking it on faith  
this one will be just as good. It's called Ship Breaker 2 and if you look at the cover it's actually a pretty accurate depiction of a major storm blowing in on a city.

In this exhilarating companion to Printz Award winner and National Book Award finalist Ship Breaker, Paolo Bacigalupi brilliantly captures a dark future America that has devolved into unending civil wars, driven by demagogues who recruit children to become soulless killing machines. Two refugees of these wars, Mahlia and Mouse, are known as "war maggots": survivors who have barely managed to escape the unspeakable violence plaguing the war-torn lands of the Drowned Cities. But their fragile safety is threatened when they discover a wounded half-man--a bioengineered war beast named Tool, who is hunted by a vengeful band of soldiers. When tragedy strikes, Mahlia is faced with an impossible decision: risk everything to save the boy who once saved her, or flee to her own safety.
Drawing upon the brutal truths of current events, The Drowned Cities is a powerful story of loyalty,
survival, and heart-pounding adventure.

Can't wait to see what you are looking forward to reading. I always find more ways to spend money every week!  And I find awesome books I had no idea were even in the wind!!! So make sure to link up or leave me your WOW so I can see what you picked!

Many smiles,
Heather

14 comments:

  1. Touched looks amazing. I'm in love with the cover; adding it to my TBR list!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can the "Touched" cover be any more awesome!? I haven't seen this book around yet so THANKs for sharing this one has to go on my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Touched sounds pretty good! The cover is pretty! Great picks! Thank you for sharing them!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touched cover reminds me of Warm Bodies. Drowned Cities looks amazingly good. can't wait for it. Great picks

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you know about some great sounding books! Are you signed up at the Bookmark Breaks Reading Challenge over at Who's Your Editor this year? Bet you'd win hands down. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been intruged with Touched and definitely look forward to that. I love the cover too!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Ship Breaker but I've heard it's awesome, so I'm looking forward to this companion book! Touched looks really amazing as well, I have that one on my list too! So excited for all the great books coming out next year:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover of TOUCHED is a jaw dropper! I love hearing about new books. I'm waiting on A Million Suns by Beth Revis.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed Shipbreaker so I'm with you on the Drowned Cities. I like the cover of Touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these sound great. I need to get Ship Breaker in order to read the second one!
    Our WoW is at Book Sake. -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hadn't heard of Touched until now but it sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Touched cover does remind me of Warm Bodies now that I think about it. Though I don't think they are anything alike in content! I have never read anything by Cyn Balog, but I'm going to read this one.

    As far as Drowned Cities goes, I don't think you have to read Ship Breaker to read this one. The main characters are different. Tool was in the first book, but not a main character. The original setting might be the same, that's the only thing I can think that would help out. I just don't know without reading the book. But I know what happened to the main characters in Ship Breaker and I don't think they'd have anything to do with this book. But who knows? I'll let you know when I read it! But I definitely recommend Ship Breaker.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've not heard of Touched, it's going on my TBR pile and Paolo's books I have heard of but now I want to read them!!! Thanks for the heads up!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cover for TOUCHED is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva