Wednesday, January 25, 2012


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to showcase books we can't wait to read. Here are a couple I'm looking forward to:

Splintered by A.G. Howard that doesn't come out until late 2012 or early 2013.
There isn't even a cover for it, but there is a trailer for it so here it is:

Here is the Good Reads book synopsis for it:
For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before. 

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on. 

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.
If you want to find out more visit A.G. Howard at her blog.

My other choice also doesn't have a cover but is just too enticing to pass up, so I'm using her new blog header as the book cover which is also very lovely.

The book is The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
This one is published by Tor and again will probably come out late Winter 2012 or in 2013

16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare. Literally. Dusty is a magical being who feeds on human dreams. 

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arkwell. 

And then it comes true. 

Now the Dusty has to follow the clues--both within Eli’s dreams and out of them--to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target. 

Mindee Arnett’s debut novel, THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR (80,000 words), is Paranormalcy meets Hex Hall.

If you'd like more information, please visit her at her newly decorated blog.

Just a note- The Apocalypsies had a huge giveaway this week with over 50 blogs participating and I won some swag. They say they will be doing it again, so you might want to keep checking back with either your favorite authors or on the Apocalypsies website. That would be

So, what are YOU waiting for??? I WANNA KNOW!


  1. Looking forward to Splintered and thanks to you since it's the first I've heard of it, The Nightmare Affair as well. Great choices!

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

  2. Oh, these sounds like great books ;) Awesome picks :D I hope you will enjoy them when they comes out :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

  3. I cannot wait for Splintered - so freaking amazing in so many ways! Cannot wait!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

  4. I'm not waiting on anything :( I have a LOAD of books on my Kindle and review copies coming my. I suppose the next True Blood and Vampire Diaries are looming, but the last two rad were a let down. The book above sounds like a grew concept Heather. Good find! :)

  5. Great pick. This is my sort of read. Thanks for sharing it.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

  6. Thanks for the super keen review! Added it to ma list!

    <3 jordan

  7. Both of these sound amazing! I just added them to my list because I don't want to miss them! Great choices!

    My WoW is here:

  8. First, how awesome the book has a trailer but no cover! :)) The trialer is creepy but makes hope for more awesomeness!

    The other one sounds intriguing too. And I just realized Tor is really building up their YA books. Just today I saw tons of Tor Books on WoW's... I love their books!

  9. I'm all over a twisted extension of the Alice in Wonderland story. SPLINTERED looks cool and the trailer gave me the good creeps.

  10. Hello all you fabulous people that commented today! I will visit each of your blogs tomorrow as I am exhausted tonight! Thanks for liking my choices sorry for the lack of covers. Some of you I might have already visited.

    You might want to know that Leslie Rose had a pitch to YA Lit Chat short listed for acceptance!!
    Conrats again Leslie!!

    And Danny is part of the Kismet book team and the were just partnered with Harper Teen so if you aren't a blogger with them, you might want to see if you can be accepted or, watch for their tours. Congrats Danny and Heather.

    Eventually, I'm going to get my settings right so I can make this reply thing to work! Damn Blogger!


  11. Heather, you rock in so many ways!! First you give me props, then you give me another incredible book to add to my bookshelf! THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR looks amazing! Thank you, dear lady. :) You just made my whole week.


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva