Sunday, February 19, 2012


In My Mailbox is a meme started by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a great way for bloggers and readers to share what books they bought, won, got for review, checked out from the library or whatever. It's just a great way to find out about books we may have never heard of or have been looking forward to and share in each other's happiness!

Here's my mailbox:

I purchased on my Kindle- Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk! 
And  True of Blood (Witch Fairy Series) by Bonnie Lamer

From Disney Hyperion I received The Marked by Inara Scott! It's the
second in her Talents series! The new covers are great! Thanks Inara
for adding me to the tour and to Disney Hyperion for the book!

From WW Norton & Co. for review Heft by Liz Moore.
I can tell this is a powerful book. I've just read the first few
pages and I am totally engrossed in the story. Thanks 
WW Norton &Co! No it isn't YA but I think it's a 

I requested from NetGalley Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker from  Bloomsbury Childrens. Thank you for the approval!
For review from Centrinian Publishing Ltd Talisman of El (#1) by Alecia Stone

And some very interesting looking indie/self published books. I rarely distinguish between the two so I won't do so here. I think both deserve a shot and I've found some really great books recently that were self published and edited much better than some of the books I purchase.

The Earthquake Machine by Mary Lowry recently reviewed in the Huffington Post here.
The Fae Wars: Changeling by Elle Casey Blog Tour March 20th here
Delta Legend by Kelan O'Connell (Did you all know there is a delta in the Sacramento/San Joaquin Area?)
It provides the water for millions of people according to Kelan.  I didn't even know there was water there. And apparently, there is something else in the water there!
Casey Barnes Eponymous by E.A. Biggs I read the first few pages, it reminds me of something, but I can't name it. Casey writes play lists or song names of music kids her age wouldn't know usually,  for people she sees in the library and she leaves it where they can find it. Some throw it away, not knowing what it means and she goes after them telling them what it is. She's basically trying to change their day from a Monday to a Friday.  She's quirky, but like I said, I've only read a couple of pages. I like her already.
Spear of Seth by Rene Daniel Egypt, need I say more? Oh I started this one too, and there's this great prologue ALWAYS read the prologue. It was a great prologue so I couldn't say no and the first chapter was good and it's from the guy's point of view.  It takes place present day at a college.
Volition and Severance by Shawn Maravel  In getting the links for these two books I read the reviews and I cannot wait to get into them! They have gotten rave reviews just not a lot of exposure!!
The Night Shifter by Emily Devenport who has quite a few books under her belt. This book is only 99cents and you can buy it right there on Goodreads. It sounded good, ringing pretty close to home right now, so I said yes.

If you want to read any of these books I know these authors would love to share their works with you. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll help you hook up with them.  And thanks if even one of you decides you want to read their books!  Believe me they appreciate how precious our time is and so do I!!

I hope the mail/male faery was good to everyone this week! Leave me your links to your blog or your IMM or if you don't do that I'll visit you anyway. I'm sure I'll find something interesting on your blog!
Thanks for coming by!
As always, happy reading!!



  1. Demons at Deadnight is pretty awesome! I hope you enjoy it as well as all of your other new books.

  2. Wow- your kindle is bursting at the seams after all that lot!
    Enjoy all your books!

  3. I agree! I don't like to distinguish between indie and big-publisher anymore because some of the indies are AMAZING. People can look it up on their own if they really care!

    Enjoy all your awesome books this week :)

  4. wow you got so many books this week, heather! i am getting ready to read demons and deadnight too!

  5. Love these posts. They feed my TBR list. I bought DITCHED by Robin Mellom and UNCOLLECTED POEMS by Rilke for my tithe at Barnes and Noble. BOSSYPANTS by Tina Fey jumped onto my Kindle. I'm snort laughing my way through it.

  6. Yay! Demons at Deadnight! Great book. And I love the cover for Unbreak My Heart.

    Fun mailbox, Heather. Hope you enjoy them all.

  7. Ive heard Demons at Deadnight is awesome! I have The Marked and plan to read it soon. Ive had it for months! Lots of books I'm not familiar with but I look forward to your reviews!

    I just figured out how to add google reader posts to pulse on my fire so I'll be reading more of your posts. Though commenting is a pain so I wont always be commenting. I suck at one finger typing.

  8. I haven't read any of your books but I hope you'll like them all, they sound amazing!

    My IMM

  9. Awesome,awesome haul! I really, really want to read Demons of Deadnight! Happy reading!

  10. A very full mailbox! Heft and Demons of Deadnight are two I can't wait to read!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva