Friday, March 16, 2012

Review Demons at Deadnight by A& E Kirk

Demons at Deadnight
by A&E Kirk
Available NOW

For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle. 

DEMONIC DESTINY 
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it’s just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti. 

CHARISMATIC KILLERS 
The Hex Boys—mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction—have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move. 

LETHAL ALLIES 
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway. (Synopsis from Goodreads)

When I finished Demons at Deadnight, I sighed contendedly. Then I sent the authors an email to let them know what I thought. This is what it said,

"I just have to tell you, I left off all other reading and read D&D this weekend! The first two things I thought when I finished were Perfect and Jealous. It was the Perfect book. Right amount of everything. Blake was so much fun, all the boys had the right personalities and Ayden and Aurora together Whew!  And such a great story. Definitely different. Something sparkling and bright in a world of YA that is absolutely drowning in ANGELS! I cannot read another angel story. (Gloria is fine).  And Jealous because I don't think in a million years I could have come up with six guys so gorgeous yet not overpowering the story and not all after the girl and made them mesh so completely as a team and written such a great novel! I cannot wait for the next one to come out!"

 All that being said, my review will probably suck because when I like a book this much, I can't write anything coherent about it except to just gush. So I just wanted to let you know I LOVED it and I'm so glad I read it this weekend because I felt like I was on vacation and on an escape from my life and that is what reading is supposed to feel like to me-an escape from my reality into someone else's! Thanks for letting me be a teenager again!  It was so much fun!"


So, that's my review! Alyssa said that's what they love to hear and that's exactly what I love to read! So, there you go!  I absolutely cannot wait to read the next in the Divinicus Nex Chronicles!!

Happy Reading!
Heather

25 comments:

  1. I really really want to read this book. I followed the blog tour and read all the great reviews. I can't wait to read. Now reading your thoughts on the book. Oh man that is it as soon as I can I am going to buy the book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the Hex Boys. They are amazing. And hot! Definitely hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you have me wanting to drop everything else to read this right now! This book has been stalking me so I really need to find time to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather! I love this review. I hadn't thought of it like that before, but you are right, now I am jealous that the authors were able to come up with not one but six hot guys without having them be overwhelming.

    and the same thing happens to be when I really love a book. I can't think of anything to say. Funny how that happens, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mara- You need to get it! It will not be a waste of your time or money and you will love the Hex boys and Aurora and the humor!

    Stina- I know! Whew!!

    Candace- Well..what are you waiting for?

    Missie- I know. I guess it's the equivalent of becoming speechless. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does, I'm just all "It's great." and "You really should read it."
    Great vlog over at the Bewitched Bookworms today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flipping heck Heather - you loved that book. I long to feel that way about a book. Might have to give it try :)
    And I agree - never been a big Angels lover.

    Just wanted to come by and answer a question posed on my blog regarding the Storyteller Writing Challenge - I answered it on my blog like this:

    Heather, the linky has gone for this challenge... its been gone now a few weeks. I wasn't getting enough to warrant faffing around with it every week, and I'd seen others do this what I do now: asking challengers to pop their links into the comments section instead of bothering with a linky. Its a trial and error thing I guess. But DISQUS has been moderating and taking its time with some of the comments. Very few in real terms. But its still annoying.

    Also, if you see no links some weeks, its simply because there are none. I have to say there are no Featured Storytellers (as no one entered) in that case.

    TBH I'm tiring of the whole linky thing - its always letting me down and its a lot of hassle for little pay-off. Very frustrating . Bleh!

    Hope thats cleared that up. IF not, please do get in touch :) X

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is in all seriousness the perfect review because when a book is THAT awesome all you want is to share this feeling and you did!!!
    But hell yes I LOVE these Hex boys and this story is simply perfect in every way! The setting, the boys, the girl , the suspense and the fun! So hilarious!

    :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book has definitely been on my TBR list, but it's going higher on the list after reading your review! That was great Heather! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're enthusiasm is contagious. I really need to meet the Hex boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shah- I'll email you!

    Danny- Alyssa told me that my email was my review, so I thought you know, it does say everything I want to say. So post it and let my true feelings show. I mean, the book was so awesome!

    Amber- You are always helping me by retweeting and commenting. I so appreciate it! Do you have a blog?
    You need to put this on top of your TBR! This is nothing but fun to read. And if you're in high school, you'll wish the Hex Boys went to your school. You also might start scoping guys out for potential Hex Boys, but no one will beat the originals!!

    Leslie Rose- As a writer of YA, this is just up your alley! A little too much for the 5th grade, but so much fun for you to read and escape!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heather! I don't have a blog but I love to support the bloggers! Love your blog :-)

    I haven't been in high school for YEARS....lol! Maybe this will make me wish I was back there? Haha! Really looking forward to reading this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amber I so appreciate all you do for me! Email me at hrose2931 (at) gmail (dot) com.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I did as well. I'm excited to hear news of book number two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Natalie! I can't wait to see what happens next! Mom and daughter make a great writing team and that they are self published means they can put the books out faster than traditional. I LOVE that part!

      Heather

      Delete
  14. AWESOME review/author letter, Heather!! I'm so glad that you loved this book! It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Yeah, I'm thinking author letters for books I love so much might be easier than reviews!

      Heather

      Delete
  15. I've read nothing but awesome things about this book! I recently got this on my Kindle. I should probably read it! lol I totally understand about trying to write a review about a book you love. It's hard! Great e-mail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should read it! If you want a great book to read that's really fun, this is it!

      Heather

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. Awesome, so glad it's so freaking good - that's what I like to hear!!!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  17. I started it last night! I've only gotten to read 50 pages so far, but I've loved it from the very beginning! Going to read a little bit now on my lunch break :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I knew you would!! What's not to love!

      Delete
    2. I finished it last night and it was awesome!! 5 stars for sure! Love the Hex Boys!

      Delete
  18. WOW! Oh, Heather you are awesome! We've been snowed in, lost power and been incommunicado because of the freak March storm - which has made us a bit cranky - and when I checked email and saw the one from you, I just had to run over here.

    You did it! And we're thrilled that you "reviewed" Demons at Deadnight this way. I agree that sometimes the really good reviews are the hardest to write. But this...well, it's a joy to hear you talking from the heart! And that it's about our book puts the most brilliant smile on our faces and happiness in our hearts! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    You've helped inspire us to keep plugging away on book two, and when it's done, you'll be among the first to know!

    Thanks for all the D@D love and support!

    Big Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want your snowstorm. Yes , yes I really do. The A/C is kaput and it's in the 80's. I don't do sweat! Gimmie some SNOW!

      But glad you guys are okay and back on line! And I know you just released D&D in January but could we have the new one by Fall? Please? Cause I'll write another really nice review for you? Pretty please with sugar and gargoyles on top!!

      Delete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva