Friday, June 15, 2012

Review Royally BeSwitched by Molly Snow

Royally BeSwitched

by Molly Snow

Goodreads Summary:
Hexed from a small suburb in the U.S. back to 1700s France, a magical black cat, Surla, and her human crush, Jax Morreau, have no idea what troubles await.

When Jax’s distant relatives, a lowly maidservant and a prince, miss their chance at love, evil gains a stronghold in the Morreau Kingdom. It’s up to the duo from the future to reset the course of love before it’s too late. Surla, the cat, will do anything, including switch bodies with the maidservant, to clean up the royal mess.

Yep, my favorite black cat is back only she's pining after a human boy and they've been cursed back in time to the 1730's, to Jax's ancestral home, the Morreau Castle. And poor little Noella, trying to make a pie crust for the Queen's desserts (I hear you sister, Pillsbury makes a good one) when the wicked Esme takes over and hides one of Noella's distinctive auburn hairs in the crust. The queen is put out with her and makes her become the one to mop and dust and sweep the whole castle every day. She even has to sleep in the cleaning closet! And wouldn't you know it, that's where Surla and Jax end up. Oh and Idris, the new improved Idris and her boyfriend Hermie the alien crash land in their spaceship having followed  them back in time. (Idris was driving.)  I know sounds crazy doesn't it. 
But, this is the third book in the BeSwitched series and is by far the most fantastic and complex.

Jax and Surla were cursed back in time by Jax's father at the end of the last book. And here they are. And it seems like it's a good thing because Noella is Jax's great grandmother several times over and she doesn't seem like she's got a snowball's chance in you know where of meeting, let alone falling in love with the Prince. So crash bang and Surla and Noella switch places. And things go downhill from there!

Jax kisses another girl! I mean Surla can literally claw his eyes out! There is a lot of magic being flung around that castle, because this is Jax's family and they are magic. There are sword fights and arm wrestling. Crazy, crazy stuff going on. A very dishonorable King. Lots of sad stories and revenge and sadness. Did I say mistakes. Yes. and did I say I just didn't see how things would end well for everyone. I had no idea of the ending that was coming. It just didn't occur to me until it was right there on the page. My creativity is severely lacking. Or Molly Snow really knows how to throw those red herrings around.In any case, this was a fun romp through time with my favorite black cat, my favorite witch and the loves of their lives. 

Now this is not a story to be dissected for a literary critique. This is a story to be read for the sheer enjoyment of seeing how things are going to turn out. And there are a lot of twists and turns in this one, especially some that we wonder about in time travel novels that actually happen in this one. I thought this was the end, but I've been informed that the next book is already halfway written and yes, I'll be waiting to read it.

I'm so in love with the black cat in this series that I'm seriously considering getting a black cat, except, I'm afraid my dogs would consider the poor thing a chew toy or something to continually chase. I'm quite sure the cat would win! And I would definitely name her Surla!

I received an ARC of this novel from the author for a fair and honest review.  Thank you Molly Snow for the copy of Royally Beswitched!  Come back Monday for a Guest Post from Molly!

Heather

My Reviews of BeSwitched and BeSwitched Witch

11 comments:

  1. Love this premise. Cats, time travel, and a fairy tale feel. Ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit it right on the head! That's exactly what it is.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great time travel read - lots of fun twists and turns!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you really need to read the whole series to know what BeSwitching is!

      Delete
  3. I have not heard of this one. I'm glad it was good...sounds like a really fun read. I do love cats. How fun!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun. Oh and don't let all the dogs on my blog fool you, I LOVE a good kitty book too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Heather, for the review. "Surla can literally claw his eyes out!" LOL!

    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww this sounds cute and fun!! nothing wrong with a non-literary book!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva