Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Delta Legend and Kickstarter for The Grimm Chronicles

So, I've been meaning to review this book, along with about forty others for about a year. But at least I can help spread the word about it being free. So here you go!


Ebook of Delta Legend will be available for FREE on Amazon.com Wednesday, August 22nd and Thursday, August 23rd!  

For more information about Delta Legend you can visit Kelan O'Connell

And the authors of The Grimm Chronicles Prince Charming Must Die and Happily Never After and the just  released Revenge of the Castle Cats (and free as of 8/21/12) are in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign to fund the rest of the series. Here is what the Grimm Chronicles are all about:


About The Grimm Chronicles
On the eve of her 18th birthday, high school junior Alice Goodenough feels on top of the world. Classes are almost finished. She's about to start her summer job at the local library, where she'll be surrounded by all of her favorite books. And she has a wonderful boyfriend.
Then the rabbit shows up. The giant talking rabbit. He has a message:
200 years ago, the Brothers Grimm unleashed their stories upon the world.
Literally.
With the help of a magic pen and paper, Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm brought all of their characters to life. The world was a more magical place ... for a time. Cinderella found her prince. Briar Rose's spell was broken. The dancing princesses spent their nights hidden away in a secret underground city. The old miller's boy found true love.
Then, slowly, the Grimms' characters began to change for the worse. They became Corrupted. Evil. They didn't belong in our world, but it was too late for the Brothers Grimm to destroy them.
Only a hero can save the day. Every generation for the past 200 years, a hero has been chosen to fight the Corrupted and rid the world of the Grimms' fairy tales. To her horror, Alice has been chosen as the next hero. As her 18th birthday nears, she begins to realize life is never going back to normal. School will never be the same.



Time is running short on their campaign and they are running way behind on their fund raising so if you could spare a dollar or two, really just that amount helps, they would really appreciate it. I am reading Prince Charming Must Die, right now and I have to say, it's hard to put down! First, the main character LOVES books. How could any of us not connect with her? Am I right? And so far, she has a really, really dreamy boyfriend named Edward who seems like a prince, but I'm suspecting that things are about to change. Too bad too because he seems great! But the way Alice describes the library she volunteers in, you just know she's like us about books! Gotta love her and whatever dirty tasks she has to do.

So donate a dollar even, buy the books and read them and spread the word. For just three dollars they send you the first three episodes (novellas).  And don't forget about DELTA LEGEND, my favorite price FREE!

Happy Wednesday!
Heather

5 comments:

  1. I have so many books like this that I've had on my TBR list for months and the guilt is starting to wear on me! I need to get to them:) I love the premise of these books, I've always been a huge fan of Grimm's fairy tales and I love the idea of them being unleashed on an unsuspecting world with a Buffy-esque character to hunt them down. Awesome. Thanks for the heads up about the fundraiser too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up on the freebies! I grabbed both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! This sounds like something I'd enjoy. Hm... she likes books? Gee... that is so unlike me... *cough* ;) Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather,
    Just stopped by to support your blog and say hi.
    It looks like you're doing a nice job in letting people know about the freebies.
    Mike

    PS On my blog I'm having a giveaway of "Going to the BAD" where there will be three winners. Please check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kickstarter is great for so many things. My boyfriend is a big supporter of different things over there! Thanks for the heads up on this one.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva