Monday, August 6, 2012

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter A Review

The Goddess Legacy

by Aimee Carter
Goodreads Summary:
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aime e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.

Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness....

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal....

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another....

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before....

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope....

Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.

****Spoilers if you have not read The Goddess Hunt and Goddess Interrupted. If you haven't read BOTH you will be reading spoilers*****

Wow! When I started reading this, I thought it was going to be a novella. But this is 400 pages long and it is every bit or even more engrossing than The Goddess Hunt and Goddess Interrupted. It shows how things got to the point they are at now. If you had questions, any questions, about how the Gods and Goddesses of Olympus had come to the point that they are now at the end of Goddess Interrupted, this book explains it all.

The story opens with just after the original six Olympians have defeated the Titans. They know they couldn't have defeated them without Hera and she wants to be leader. But Zeus quarrels with her over people not following a woman. The first story is Hera's and let me tell you, if you don't have sympathy for her at the end of it, then you're heartless. We all know what a cheating bastard Zeus has always been in mythology. But this story shows just how painful it is to her. Just what he does to her to keep her from being happy.

There is a story from Aphrodite's point of view and how she comes to marry Hephaestus. And her affairs with other men.

There is the story of Persephone and Hades, not quite like we've always known it, but close enough to the original that it is believable.  She tries to love Hades, but there is always a wall between them and even though she's known she was always going to marry him, she can't seem to love him. You have to be asleep not to figure out why it isn't working out, but you do have to read the story to figure it out.

Hermes has his own story which was interesting because I've never known a lot about him. It was different and makes sense with regards to his story in The Goddess Hunt series.

And finally Hades has his story. We find out what happened before the Goddess Hunt started and what happened to the other girls. Why he let the test go on even in the wake of the murders. And what happened when he first saw Kate.

I got so immersed in these stories winding them into the other two stories so that by the time I finished I feel like I am so ready for the next book. I know why Hera/Calliope is the way she is and I honestly don't blame her. I hate Walter!  In fact, I hate most of the Olympians except Henry. They are all selfish and proud and jealous and really don't deserve any happiness.  But God April can't come soon enough!!!

If you enjoy this series, this is a must!  You will be lost without it. It makes everything fall into place but don't read it first. Read it after the first two books. I don't know why it's called a .5 though. It's a full book with five really great stories in them. It makes a great addition to the series!

I received an E-ARC from the publishers at Harlequin through NetGalley for review for which I thank them. I'll be buying my own hardbound copy though as I love this series and want it for my collection.
Never too many books, right? The opinions expressed are my own and not compensated in any way.



  1. Oh really? just like you I also thought it was a Novella!!! Glad to hear it's not :)) I must read this one - I love this series!

    1. Yeah Danny, this is 400 pages long and has five stories in it. You have to read it. It explains almost everything we have questions about! I can't even blame Hera!

  2. Ahhh like Danny I just adore this series so I need to pick this one up! I'm interested in seeing the story of Persephone and Hades play out in this world. :)

    1. Oh, you won't weep for Persephone! But I think there is a definite reason it didn't work out. But you must read it!

  3. I only read the review up to the Spoilers part- but this series sounds fabulous. A friend is letting me borrow the first two- I don' think she realized there is more. Yeah! Can't wait to tell her. Thanks for sharing- and for making the spolier part so clear. :)

    1. Jess,

      Definitely tell your friend to read this one. It explains so much! Then you read it after you read the other two. In that order. I think it wouldn't mean as much the other way around.


  4. Oh I totally agree with you. I also thought it was a novella at first as well. LOL

    I think it helped me understand the characters much more than I had with the other books.

    Btw, I wanted to drop kick Walter as well... LOL

    1. Yeah Walter was the B-word wasn't he? I still can't forgive him. I say lock him up in Tartarus!


This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva