Wednesday, August 8, 2012

WOW Some Upcoming Titles

WOW

I have not done a Waiting On Wednesday in forever! So I am very excited to do one today!
There are so many books I am excited to read both this year and in the beginning of next year-Can you believe school is starting already? The new year will be here before you know it!
So here are some I am excited to read!
Oh, and WOW was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to do just what I'm doing, show books I'm anxiously awaiting!

I do have to give a nod to Shannon at Stalking the Bookshelves for giving me a heads up on these!

April 16,2013
Three high school girls become the avenging Furies of Greek legend.

We were only three angry girls, to begin with. Alix, the hot-tempered surfer chick; Stephanie, the tree-hugging activist; and me, Meg, the quiet foster kid, the one who never quite fit in. We hardly knew each other, but each of us nurtured a burning anger: at the jerks in our class, at our disappointing parents, at the whole flawed, unjust world.

We were only three angry girls, simmering uselessly in our ocean-side California town, until one day a mysterious, beautiful classmate named Ambrosia taught us what else we could be: Powerful. Deadly. Furious.





January 8 2013
Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived … and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye. 

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?



What are you waiting for?  This isn't all, but I want to space them out!! Man, does it seem like the books are just getting better and better to you too?

Heather

18 comments:

  1. Oh gosh yes!!! I also cannot wait for Furious! This sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furious sounds amazing! That book is one I will be looking out for. I have seen Shadowlands on a few other WoWs - it should be good too. New Follower:) Check out my WoW
    -Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Furious sounds really good. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shadow Lands feature in my book? How weird - is it a sign? Of something? (In my book Shadows are ghosts and the Shadow Lands are like purgatory; dark and scary, cold and isolated, vast and threatening). Loving this WOW meme. I may have to do one myself. Mmm... Got me thinking. I also have to submit somehting for Write Club - 500 words- its been ages since I wrote anything than on my blog or MS. Could be a good or terrible move, but at least my submission remained anon unless I win (I'm not completely ofar with the rules as yet) - which is good to know :) Hope all comes together with your NaNo.... Sounded like you pulled it back with the collage idea - very creative of you. :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both look really good. Nice picks.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2995

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for Furious. I love mythology books but haven't read any where the MCs are the Furies, they are usually the bad guys!

    My WOW
    And check out my giveaway HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for Furious! I will read any book where my name is used but to have it be on the main characters makes me so excited (although I do wish Stephanie was the narrator).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since I'm a big Greek mythology fan, I'll be on the lookout for Furious. Haven't read too much about Furies. Shadow Lands sound intense. I didn't know about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... I'm not normally into teen serial killer books, but the idea of witness protection is interesting, and I like 'starting over' fiction. Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A huge yes to both of these Heather! There are so many great books coming out next year I can hardly even deal with it. Furious sounds a little like the Sweet Venom series only with furies instead of descendents of Medusa, but that's okay, because I'm good with all things Greek mythology:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choices; I also featured the Furious!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-18-wasteland.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't heard of either of these, but they both sound good! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You convinced me... *holds out hands* I'll take one of each, thank you. ;) Great choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! I can't wait for Furious either. It sounds so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome choices. I featured Furious on my WoW posts recently. It looks SO good!

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw both of these already and they are BOTH on my TBR list now! Great picks!
    Our WoW @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a blanket statement to everyone that came by- Thank you so much! I am getting around to your blogs. Thanks for leaving your links. To may always faithful friends, I'm sorry for being absent. I have been plagued by migraines, maybe it's the hurricane in the Gulf, maybe I looked at the dog the wrong way, I have no idea, but I am on strong pain killers and am relying on my children to read to me. Yes, my 12 yr old is reading my YA books to me and helping me set up my blog posts. So please bear with me. You're the best!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva