Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine and is a great way to show what books we are dying to get our greedy little hands on in the coming weeks, months, year. Below is my choice.


SPYGLASS BY PHOEBE NORTH

PUBLISHED BY SIMON AND SCHUSTER
EXPECTED PUBLICATION DATE JULY 23, 2013 (assuming the Mayans are wrong)

The author has a rather lengthy comment on the Goodreads site about Terra, the main character that gives some insight into her and what is going on on the spaceship.

Goodreads Synopsis-
My darling daughter,

Know that I never would have left the Earth if it hadn't already been doomed. . .


The generation ship Asherah coasts through space, bound for a planet its passengers have never even seen. On the eve of their arrival, sixteen-year-old botanist Terra discovers that her orderly society has fractured. Walking home one night through the long-abandoned engine rooms, she witnesses the murder of an innocent man. Now, called on by the Children of Abel, a group of rebels intent on destroying the High Council, Terra must prove her mettle--assassinate the ship's rising captain. In order to carry out her task, Terra must betray her father, deceive her teacher, and challenge everything the Council has ever taught her was true. 

The rebels think that Terra has nothing left to lose. But when she falls for Silvan Rafferty, the boy that she's meant to kill, Terra learns that "doing your duty" isn't always as easy as it seems.

Also if you'd like to check out the "Lucky 13s" the novelist that have their debut novels coming out next year, here is their website. It's a huge list of MG and YA authors! So much to look forward to and I can't wait!

Now what are you waiting for? I'd love to know!

Heather

12 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on this one too-love what seems like an uptick in sci-fi and space stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kind of scrolled through the lists and I did see a lot more Sci-Fi and a lot less dystopian. Must be the year!

      Delete
  2. Oooo this one is new to me Heather! I love the setup for the romance - that she's meant to kill him but falls for him instead. Fantastic pick, but must you have chosen one that doesn't come out until July? That's a long wait and I fail in the patience department ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jenny! Maybe the ARC will be available on NetGalley???!!
      It just kind of reminded me of Across the Universe but heavy on romance and I just had to pick it! I also liked the author's note on Terra on Goodreads. Read it if you get a chance.

      Delete
  3. Oh a debut! I haven't seen this one and now I'm curious. Oh I hope you get it and let me know if you love it or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be awhile but I will get it! I'm starting out early picking what I want to read next year!! I'll let you know what I think of it. I'm hoping it goes on NetGalley.

      Heather

      Delete
  4. There seems to be a huge number of Debut authors next year or I am just seeing a lot of posts about them. Regardless I haven't read too many space books so this would definitely be different. Yes indeed let's hope the Mayans are wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the Mayans are wrong too or we won't get to read this one!

      Heather

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this book! I was doing some blog hopping and found yours, I am now your newest follower! I hope you are having a great Wednesday! Stop by some time for a visit if you get a chance! :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for the follow and I'll be sure to visit your blog!

      Heather

      Delete
  6. New to me and it sounds great. I love reading debut authors and discovering new reads!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I always love seeing what's coming out next year! There are tons of Lucky 13s!

      Delete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva