Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi Review

Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
Amazon, Kindle, Audible Audio EditionBarnes and Noble, Indiebound
Goodreads Summary-It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable.

So, it's finally here and I couldn't have been more excited for it to get here. But I was scared to read it. I had heard/read that as much as Under the Never Sky was Aria's book, Through the Ever Night was Perry's book. I was worried Aria and Perry wouldn't be together. They are my favorite part. I certainly didn't want any love triangles, even though we know Roar is in love with Liv. I did worry about my expectations. I had built this book up in my mind. It really had a lot to live up to. But, I was not disappointed. Veronica Rossi turned the story around completely in a new direction from Under the Never Sky.

How could this be the same story yet so different? Aria is a changed person, but that we already knew. She's part of the outside world now. She can take care of herself. She thinks on her feet and though she may not like it, she makes decisions based on what's best for Perry and their relationship. She doesn't keep secrets from Perry or Roar. She is so sure of herself in this novel and I really like her character.

Perry has a bigger than big job getting the Tides to accept him as Blood Lord. He starts out shaky, but he's just being Perry. The aether storms are wreaking havoc as they get worse even though it's spring, a time when the storms usually don't hit. And with Perry losing the faith of the Tides, he isn't sure that they'll follow his plan to protect them.

So much happens in this novel, things I don't want to reveal to you because I don't want to give any spoilers. This novel doesn't suffer in the least from a sophomore slump. If anything, it surpasses  Under The Never Sky and I loved Under the Never Sky! I highly recommend this series. The characters are well developed, complex and layered. The plot, though you think you know where it's going, is well developed yet unpredictable. As it's headed in the direction you think, the subplots veer it off course drastically, in a good way.

I can't wait for the final installment of this series, and yet I can. This is one of my favorite series of all time and I could read about the world and the characters forever.

Happy Reading!
Heather

11 comments:

  1. Nopw, no sophomore slump! It was an amazing book and I loved every minute!! And... wasn't the ending so incredibly heartbreaking??!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but I'll send you an email with some predictions. Can't say anymore. But man, I love the two points of view still. And I love that Perry isn't some caveman, he admits to having feelings and weaknesses. Like his new do, too!

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! No middle book syndrome! I just put this copy on hold from the library and can't wait to read it. I loved the characters in this one and can't wait to learn more about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it as soon as you get it! I tried to read slow, but with this series, I just can't! I'll read it again I'm sure.

      Delete
  3. AHHHHHHH Can't wait to read this Heather! I'm nervous to pick it up too (which is probably why I haven't done it yet), but I've heard nothing but amazing things, and knowing you loved it brings me relief. I'm going to get to it soon:) I know exactly what you mean about not being able to wait for the next book but at the same time wishing the release date was further away so the experience won't be over too soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expected a lot, as I said from this novel. The first one was excellent and I wanted more excellence. I felt it surpassed excellence and the first novel. Aria has hit her stride and Perry is the one that's floundering a little. Spectacular ending. And no cliffies, Bless YOU, Veronica Rossi!

      Delete
  4. I loved Aria in this novel. She was so sure of herself and her actions. Plus I'm loving that the romance is heating up between Perry and Aria! I can't wait to see where this story goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you absolutely. She might not have felt like she had a home, but she was definitely sure of who she was and what she had to do. And yeah, love the romance between the two!!

      Delete
  5. MAN! How have I not read the first book yet? Now you tease me with this one? No sophomore slump? AH!!! I needs to start this one. NEEDS I tells ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you haven't read it. The pov is split between Aria and Perry and they are so far apart in the first book, they hate each other. Once has lived a life of leisure the other has hunted and worked and scraped for everything he has. They don't mix well at all but it's so fun to see what they think about each other. You must read this! Under the Never Sky was one of my favorite books last year!

      Delete
  6. I just finished and love it so much! I agree about characters being layered, I saw such a new side to Perry and Aria as well.
    Such heartbreaking moments! I can't wait for the next and can only imagine what will happen!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva