Wednesday, January 9, 2013

WOW Waiting on Wednesday

WOW

Okay, so Blogger decided to repeatedly crash on me all day long so this is the fanciest thing I could come up with for the Waiting on Wednesday which is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

In the After by Demitria Lunetta
Release date June 25th by Harper Teen
They hear the most silent of footsteps.
They are faster than anything you've ever seen.
And They won't stop chasing you...until you are dead.

Amy is watching TV when it happens, when the world is attacked by Them. These vile creatures are rapidly devouring mankind. Most of the population is overtaken, but Amy manages to escape—and even rescue “Baby,” a toddler left behind in the chaos. Marooned in Amy’s house, the girls do everything they can to survive—and avoid Them at all costs.

After years of hiding, they are miraculously rescued and taken to New Hope, a colony of survivors living in a former government research compound. While at first the colony seems like a dream with plenty of food, safety, and shelter, New Hope slowly reveals that it is far from ideal. And Amy soon realizes that unless things change, she’ll lose Baby—and much more.

Rebellious, courageous, and tender, this unforgettable duo will have you on the edge of your seat as you tear through the pulse-pounding narrow escapes and horrifying twists of fate in this thrilling debut from author Demitria Lunetta.

You can contact Demitria Lunetta here

Now this one sounds a little more scary than I'm used to but Demitria was one of the first people I met on Facebook and even though we haven't stayed in touch, I have to read this one. When you call the villain "Them" you know it's gotta be good!

And....


That Time I Joined The Circus
by J.J. Howard
Release date April 2013 by Scholastic Point
A music-obsessed, slightly snarky New York City girl, Lexi is on her own. After making a huge mistake—and facing a terrible tragedy— Lexi has no choice but to track down her long-absent mother. Rumor has it that Lexi’s mom is somewhere in Florida with a traveling circus.

When Lexi arrives at her new, three-ring reality, her mom isn’t there…but her destiny might be. Surrounded by tigers, elephants, and trapeze artists, Lexi finds some surprising friends and an even more surprising chance at true love. She even lucks into a spot as the circus’s fortune teller, reading tarot cards and making predictions.

But then Lexi’s ex-best friend from home shows up, and suddenly it’s Lexi’s own future that’s thrown into question… 

With humor, wisdom, and a dazzlingly fresh voice, this debut reminds us of the magic of circus tents, city lights, first kisses, last heartaches, and the importance of an excellent playlist.

I bet there's a really good playlist that goes with this book! I used to go to the circus every year for my birthday and brought my friends with me. I didn't know Barnum and Bailey from the poor man's circus that came, I just was happy to go to the circus with my friends! And I felt special because they came every year on my birthday! Of course, that kinda wore off when I found out my dad got free tickets because he worked for the city and it was in the coliseum and they booked the place for like 20 years at the same time every year. But hey, when you're a kid, the circus is fun! Now I have issues with animal treatment and confinement and all the fun is gone but I'm gonna put that out of my mind while I read this book!
Oh, and you can contact J.J. Howard here

And lastly I have to do this one because I think you guys might know this blogger!
Presenting Lenore blog owner Lenore Appelhans has written and gotten her book published!
Yay!!!! And I'm going to a book signing for it very soon! And maybe I'll be bringing a second copy with me for a giveaway! Here is her book-


Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans

Release Date January 15th Simon and Schuster 

Books for Young Readers
Goodreads Says- Three levels. Two loves. One choice. Debut novelist, Lenore Appelhans has written a thrilling otherworldly young adult novel about a place that exists between our world (Level 1) and what comes after life (Level 2).

'I pause to look around the hive - all the podlike chambers are lit up as the drones shoot up on memories ... I've wanted to get out of here before, but now the tight quarters start to choke me. There has to be more to death than this.'

Felicia Ward is dead. Trapped in a stark white afterlife limbo, she spends endless days replaying memories, of her family, friends, boyfriend ... and of the guy who broke her heart. The guy who has just broken into Level 2 to find her.

Felicia learns that a rebellion is brewing, and it seems she is the key. Suspended between heaven and earth, she must make a choice. Between two worlds, two lives and two loves.

You can contact Lenore at her blog Presenting Lenore 

What are you waiting to read???

Heather

17 comments:

  1. I loved Level 2! It was an interesting take on the inbetween! In The After sounds like a great dystopian! So curious what has attacked the world and what is going on with New Hope!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing so much of In the After around. I am looking forward to it as well.

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen In the After in so many WoW posts already, it must be really great! :D The Time I Joined the Circus's cover is simply amazing! Happy reading!

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, thanks for sharing!

    New follower :D

    http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these look amazing. Haven't seen In The After around much yet but I bet it'll start to show up more pretty soon. I have a copy of Level 2 to read, sounds awessssssome! The Time I Joined the Circus has been showing up loads for the past few months and I personally CANNOT wait to read it!

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES to all of these Heather! The first two are new to me so I'm putting those on the already massive TBR list I have - can't wait to get my hands on them! I'm super excited for Level 2 as well. So much good stuff coming out this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the after and Level 2 are both high on my wish list :D!

    WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also want to read both of these. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great choices. I do think I'll be adding these to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THe Circus book sounds very interesting. I keep seeing Level 2 and I am curious about it. Thanks for sharing, Happy Wendesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw In the After today and I'd love to read it when it comes out. I love the sound of it... Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read all of these - great choices this week Heather!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. In the After looks great! Off to GoodReads to add yet another.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!
    Burun Esteti─či

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really looking forward to reading In the After as well as Level 2. They both sound really good! :) I'm a new GFC follower.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva