Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WOW Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.
Here is what I'm waiting for:


ACID - the most brutal police force in history.
They rule with an iron fist.
They see everything. They know everything.
They locked me away for life.

My crime?

They say I murdered my parents.
I was fifteen years old.

My name is Jenna Strong.

Now with a cover like that (I envy that tool belt) and I very self assured Jenna Strong don't you want to read that too??

SHITE! Would you believe it publishes in the UK this year and not until 2014 here? That just wrong!


“The shrinkadinks think I have a screw loose. Ain’t playing with a full deck. Whacked-out wiring. Missing marbles.” 

Irreverent, foulmouthed seventeen-year-old Cricket is the oldest ward in a Catholic boys’ home in Maine—and his life sucks. With prospects for the future that range from professional fighter to professional drug dealer, he seems doomed to a life of “criminal rapscallinity.” In fact, things look so bleak that Cricket can’t help but wonder if his best option is one final cliff dive into the great unknown. But then Wynona Bidaban steps into his world, and Cricket slowly realizes that maybe, just maybe, life doesn’t totally suck.


Okay, we're okay with this one, it's published March 26th by Harcourt Children's Press. Now, I direct you to the summary. How can you not read a book with the word "rapscallinity" in the summary? I mean c'mon????!!!!! I'm looking forward to this one!

Can't wait to see what you're waiting for!
(Hopefully my computer will be back)

Heather

11 comments:

  1. Love the cover for the first one...

    ...and for the summary of the second one, I love how life doesn't suck anymore once someone intriguing enters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but don't you love a book that says what you've thought so many times??? I sure do!

      Delete
  2. WHAT? We have to wait until 2014 for Acid? NOOOOO! I want to read about Jenna Strong immediately! She's so badass on that cover, I love it:) I guess I will attempt to be patient. *dramatic sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know but it was already on my blog before I looked at the pub. date. Maybe it will be on NG really, really early! She is so Bad Ass!!

      Delete
  3. Both of these sound good! Great picks! 2014 though for the first one?! That's a long wait! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. Sorry about that! Oh, found that book!!! I'll send it soon!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Heather! I have many books to read, so no worries. Thanks again for everything! :-) :-) :-)

      Delete
  4. Those both sound and look like intriguing reads. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You're new! Thanks for stopping by. I'm having trouble getting to blogs with my computer. I'm also having a hard time letting go of my computer to get it fixed. So if I don't comment, don't think I didn't try.

      Delete
  5. The cover for Acid is awesome!! Not my type of read but I just want to read based on the kick butt girl on the cover!!

    Hope you are doing well, Heather! I haven't been making the blog rounds b/c of the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carrie! No worries! I haven't been visiting much either. Hope you had a good one! I've seen some pretty good historical YA books coming out. Go to the Lucky 13s page and check it out.
      Link is to the right and down a little on my page.

      Happy Reading! Happy New Year!

      Delete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva