Friday, March 1, 2013

Unremembered by Jessica Brody Review

Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Amazon, Kindle*, Barnes and Noble*, Indiebound, Kobo*, Book Depository-The * indicates that the only available digital downloads are the first 5 chapters which are free.
Goodreads Summary- The only thing worse than forgetting her past... is remembering it.
When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.
Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.
Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.
Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?
From popular young adult author, Jessica Brody comes a mesmerizing and suspenseful new series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.

Wow oh wow! Did I love this novel! I read the e-arc and I gotta say I couldn't put it down. There was a little slowness in the beginning because  Seraphina doesn't remember anything, not what she looks like, not how to eat or take care of herself, absolutely nothing. And certainly, she doesn't remember how she survived the crash that killed everyone else on board Flight 121 bound for Tokyo. But she doesn't remain anonymous for long. Her picture is flashed on the t.v. screens and news papers everywhere asking if anyone recognizes her. Of course, it goes viral. But some mysterious boy keeps popping in and out of her life, first in the hospital saying she shouldn't be there and he'd get her out and then later in various other places. He's always trying to convince her to trust him and believe her, but she's always trying not to believe him. Seraphina is a very logical, reasonable, ordered person and the things this boy tells her don't follow logic and reason.

This is part mystery, part romance and definitely heart pounding. I just can't tell you how much I loved this novel! I couldn't follow the clues fast enough and it wasn't until the very end that I finally figured out how Sera ended up in the middle of the ocean when she wasn't on the airplane that crashed. The clues are slow in coming, but not so slow that you're bored or lose interest. Sera is smart and strong and as her memory comes back so does her will to survive and save. This book is exciting right up until the very last line! I didn't realize this was a series because, to me, the ending was so good. I mean, I just trusted the ending. But I am more than happy that there will be more books in this series. They just can't come fast enough!!

I received an e-ARC of the novel from the publisher through NetGalley. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. I was not compensated in any way for my review.

Don't forget that currently the first 5 chapters of the novel are available for free on most digital formats. I don't know how long that will last so get it while you can!

Heather

14 comments:

  1. Ahaha!!!Wasn't it made of wesome?!? so happy you loved it as much as I did:)) And I perfectly agree on the heart pounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoided everyone's review because I wanted to make up my own mind, but your huge WHO IS SERAPHINA? was soooo tempting!!! I just went back and read it! It's a great review! I don't know how anyone could resist reading this one.

      Delete
  2. Awesome review. I am really looking forward to this one. I can't wait for it.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenea! You'll love it! I didn't touch on the Sci-fi aspect of it, I was too hyped up from finishing it, but it does have some Sci-fi. Nothing too difficult, but the ending is just so awesome! It's one of those nail biting ones. Hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. YAY YAY YAY!!! I'm so glad you loved this one too Heather:) I loved the added sci fi aspect to her amnesia and how she didn't just not remember who she was, she was completely unfamiliar with the world itself. I'm really excited there are more books as well, I want to know where they're headed next:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Loved it so much! It was so weird in the beginning how she didn't know anything. But finally it made sense. I kept looking at the percentage on my Kindle and thinking, "Maybe there's gonna be another book." But I was worried about a cliff hanger. Hate those!

      Delete
  4. Gah- I so badly want to read this book now! It sounds amazing.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you can read it soon. Does it release soon over there? It is really great! You need to read it. It's a nail biter!!

      Delete
  5. This sounds way too intense for me! I can barely read your review without feeling sad. I'm so glad you liked it though! It does sound good, just soooo intense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't sad at all Carrie! It's really just action packed and a mystery. There are bad guys. That might be a little bit of a spoiler but you find out pretty early on even before it's confirmed. But not sad at all. Intense yes, but in a good way.
      May not be your type of book. It's got some Sci-Fi.

      Heather

      Delete
  6. Oh I wasn't sure about this one. I was worried that I would be too much on the edge of my seat with no answers in sight. You know books like that, right? Oh but to find out that she created such a good character who is logical! LOVE that! Yep, I'm adding this one to the wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa-
      No, this really read like a stand alone to me though I would have had some questions. But yes, you get answers, most everything you need. So you definitely need to read this one. If I hadn't gotten answers it would have been very disappointing.

      Heather

      Delete
  7. Well crap! How did I miss out on this one? I love heart pounding follow the clues novels and this sounds like it is AWESOME. I will be hunting down a copy now thanks to your review. Hope you have a fab rest of your weekend, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man I'm ready to read this now after that review! Luckily I have it and hope to read it next. I'm very anxious to find out what's going on!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva