Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WOW Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesdays is a meme started by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's a way for us to share upcoming releases with each other and maybe find new books and authors we might not have heard of before. 
This week I am showing the last books in two series I have absolutely loved! I am really sorry to see them end, but I am dying to see how they end and their covers are blowing me away!


Goddess by Josephine Angelini
Releases May 28th 2013
Harper Teen
This is it. The last book in the Starcrossed trilogy. I am sad and yet excited to read the last book!
Each of these books as been epic and heartbreaking and I'm holding out hope that in the end I'll get an  HEA for Helen and Lucas (Paris). Not only that, but the author Josephine Angelini is one of the most friendly and genuine authors I've met and we've never even seen each other in person! I am hoping she'll hit the east coast some time soon!

Goodreads Summary-
After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.
To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.
In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched

When the Stars Threw Down Their Spears
the Third and Final Book in the Goblin Wars Series
by Kersten Hamilton
Releases August 6th 2013
Clarion  Books
I have loved following the story of Teagan and Finn and Gabby and Aiden as they battle Fear Doritch and the fearsome  monsters of Mag Mell. Though "the Irish may not have happy endings", I'm holding out hope in this series. This cover is freaking fantastic, a huge departure from the other two which had forest scenes and I'm looking for some epic battles in this one. Finn and Teagan are a great romantic pair, destined not to be together yet drawn to each other. Finn doesn't think there's anything duct tape can't fix and nothing can keep him from loving Teagan.
Goodreads summary-
“People will die.”
Locked doors are opening, and uncanny creatures are tumbling through mysterious portals from Mag Mell, the world-between-worlds, into the streets of Chicago. The Dark Man has marked Aiden with a new song that’s scared him badly, and a frightening new group of sĂ­dhe is lurking nearby.
Teagan knows this is war, and she must protect her family. She leaves her flesh and bones behind to join Finn in hunting the evil beings across the city. Meanwhile, their relationship is heating up—almost faster than they can control. But he is still bound to fight goblins his entire life . . . and by blood she is one of them now.
Then the gateway to Mag Mell cracks open again, and the Wylltsons find themselves caught in a trap. As her loved ones begin to die, Teagan realizes that she must destroy the Dark Man and his minions once and for all in order to save those who remain . . .

. . . before it is too late.

Hope you guys like these covers and series as much as I do. Like I said, I'm sad to see them end, but what a way to go! Please share your WOW's with me. I find so many good books this way!

Heather

Sorry for canceling my Spring Clean Up giveaway. I am cycling  through migraines again and just couldn't get the post together. I'll do my own giveaway when I feel better!


9 comments:

  1. Ahh Goodess! I hope this story ends great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these books looks great! I'm glad I came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started first series, but seen a lot about them.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really can't wait for When the Stars Throw Down Their Spears. Kersten is also such a sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the Dreamless series though I want to. Hopefully, this series ends well. The second book I am not familiar with but it looks great! Happy Wednesday, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHH GODDESS!!!! I'm so very excited for that book, I can't wait to see how everything works out for Helen, Lucas, and Orion:) And I agree, Josie is absolutely adorable. I've never met her in person, but I've gotten to chat with her on Twitter and via email and she's just so sweet. Really looking forward to the final book in the Goblin Wars series too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for Goddess; however Team Orion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Goddess too! I only read the first of the other series and now should reread and can read through the entire series. Great picks!
    I hope your migraines are better soon!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva