Monday, June 17, 2013

Shadow by Amanda Sun

Shadow - A Paper Gods Novella
Prequel to INK by Amanda Sun
Harlequin Teen
Amazon Kindle

From Goodreads-
Katie Greene’s worst nightmare comes true when her mother dies, and she’s devastated to learn that she will have to leave the only home she’s ever known. Desperate to find where she belongs, she must decide if she has what it takes to start a new life across the ocean. 

For Yuu Tomohiro, every day is a nightmare. He struggles to control his strange ability, and keeps everyone at a distance so they won’t get hurt—even his girlfriend, Myu. At night, a shadow haunts his dreams, and a mysterious woman torments him with omens of death and destruction. But these haunting premonitions are only the beginning…

This is just a snippet of the book that is to come and I need the book, INK. I have an e-ARC, but I need the beautiful book. I can already tell the writing is beautiful and not exactly flowery, but descriptive in a painting kind of way. Some books lay the world out like a blank canvas and paint a picture. I feel like this one is painted with emotions and character development. The chapters alternate between Katie at the funeral of her mother who has JUST died  and Tomohiro who is living a life of fear, being chased by nightmares and trying to keep everyone at bay for fear of the monster inside of him.

It's interesting to see how both characters act before they meet, Katie, feeling doomed, like she has no choices in her life. And Tomohiro, who doesn't get along with his father and whose mother seems to be chased by the same demons he is chased by.  I see character growth already in Katie just by her making the decision to live with her aunt in Japan. I can't wait for INK!                                                              

8 comments:

  1. Ink looks fantastic and I love that there will be Japanese mythology! All mythology fascinates me.

    Good choice, Heather and nice synopsis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a bit hesitant with reading Ink. Though I love the sound of Japanese mythology, I've read mixed reviews about it. I'll wait for your review to see if it's something that I would enjoy. I think the premise is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great set up for the book, Ink. I really enjoyed both of them and I hope you get Ink ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning cover, I am on the fence on Ink because it has such mixed reviews. I can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I am with Heidi on this one. The reviews have been so mixed on Ink that I'm just not sure what to think. I think I might give it a little more time since I have so many other books to read anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up INK at BEA and it is coming up soon. I can't wait to get to it and I may have to read this prequel, too! Amanda Sun was great when I met her in NY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to make money fast.
    Double Your Money in a Day will teach you how to make money fast no matter which way the stock market is moving. The teachings from Double Your Money in a Day will be a lifelong investment that can help enable you for success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No win no fee.
    My Claims Centre is a team of highly professional lawyers, which offer our clients a friendly, personable and proactive approach. Our unique approach to the industry appreciates every client is different; every legal problem unique, as such we offer specifically tailored advice to suit you.

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva