Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WOW- Waiting On Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.
I never fail to discover great new books that have yet to be published, that have already been published and I missed or that are coming out this week or month. I love discovering new books and book bloggers have all the news on what to add to my endless and enormous TBR list!

Here's my pick this week!



Panic by Lauren Oliver
Release Date- March 4th 2014
Publisher- Harper Collins
Hardcover 416 pages
Goodreads Blurb-Panic began as so many things do in Carp, a dead-end town of 12,000 people in the middle of nowhere: because it was summer, and there was nothing else to do.

Heather never thought she would compete in Panic, a legendary game played by graduating seniors, where the stakes are high and the payoff is even higher. She’d never thought of herself as fearless, the kind of person who would fight to stand out. But when she finds something, and someone, to fight for, she will discover that she is braver than she ever thought.

Dodge has never been afraid of Panic. His secret will fuel him, and get him all the way through the game, he’s sure of it. But what he doesn't know is that he’s not the only one with a secret. Everyone has something to play for.

For Heather and Dodge, the game will bring new alliances, unexpected revelations, and the possibility of first love for each of them—and the knowledge that sometimes the very things we fear are those we need the most.

ALSO!!!! LAUREN OLIVER CAN BE SEEN AND HEARD ON EPIC READS READING THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS OF PANIC- HERE AT EPIC READS

I would love to see what your WOW picks are so please leave me a link or at least your blog name so I can visit your page! Have an awesome Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds incredible. I love a book that gets your heart pumping. I will definitely be on the lookout for this one. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! Too bad we have to wait so long!!

      Delete
  2. Nice one! I'd love to find out what fuels Heather enough to get in the game. Off to add it to Goodreads. :)

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you listen to the first three chapters, I think I know. But I just think! I can't wait for this one!!
      Oh and Lauren Oliver is a great narrator!

      Delete
  3. I am soo excited for this one!!! I mean holy awesome, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took the words right out of my mouth!

      Delete
  4. I've really got to read this author. Thanks for the link to her "read-aloud"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only listened to the audio of Before I Fall though I have the whole Delirium trilogy. So technically, I haven't read any of her books, but Panic is definitely on my auto buy. It seems to be a contemporary! Definitely listen to the read aloud!!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author, but I've been curious. This one does sound very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read her either Mel, but I've got to have this one! Listen to her reading the first three chapters!

      Delete
  6. I'm super excited for this! EEEEP. I've started to hate reading the first few chapters because then I'm just like I WANT MORE and I slowly start to lose my sanity, so I don't know if I should listen to her read aloud *sigh* xD

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexi-

      I would not have thought of getting this honestly because I thought it was another dystopian and I'm a bit tapped out there, but it's a contemporary, I think. And hearing Lauren Oliver read it, it's like hearing the author's intention when she reads it. I loved it. But I know what you mean. Now I have to wait until next spring!!! But there are so many awesome books coming out between now and then so we'll be busy!!

      Thanks so much for coming by!

      Delete
  7. CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS HEATHER!!!! Yes, yes, yes to anything Lauren Oliver writes. Can it please be next March/April? There are so many books I'm dying for releasing those two months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm going to be so broke!! But my anniversary is in early April and my mom is always so generous with her gift to us so it boosts my book funds!!!
      January is the hardest month!! I need a job then!!
      Like I said above, at least we have so many awesome books coming out between now and then!!

      Delete
  8. Whoa. That looks super intense! I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know if you need to read it!!

      Delete
  9. i haven't read anything by this author yet, her books look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had no idea Lauren has a new book coming out! This sounds different than her Delirium series which I wasn't too crazy about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. Doesn't this one sounds AWESOME?!? I do love Lauren Oliver and I can't wait -- so many good books coming out in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one looks really good but I'm not too sure about Lauren Oliver. Her cliffhangers are just pure evil.

    -Mari @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was the first time that I read the synopsis for Panic and it is the book that want right now. As you know I loved Lauren's Delirium series - it ranks as one of my favorites and one that I recommend the most. Lauren is one of those authors who I will read all of her books. I haven't read her middle grade books yet, but I plan too. Thanks for sharing this and I will have to check out her reading the first chapters asap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So excited for this one-I adore Before I Fall and think Oliver is such an inventive writer. Excited to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva