Sunday, August 4, 2013

Super Six Sunday- What Series Do You Need To Catch Up On??




Super Six Sunday is an original bookish meme created by the Bewitched Bookworms and inspired by "Top Ten Tuesday" from The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's topic is  Series I Have to Catch Up On.
Wow, and we can only name six. I don't know about you, but that's gonna be hard for me. I guess I'll name the most embarrassing ones. The ones I'm most behind on. Please be kind, I really have been busy....reading, other books.

Well first I guess I'll start with one I plan to continue with and I think everyone has read it but me and it's actually more of a finish than a catch up on.....

1) Harry Potter!!! I have not finished the last book in the Harry Potter series. I have not read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!



2) The Beautiful Creatures Series- I have only read the first book in this series, Beautiful Creatures and the last book, Beautiful Redemption is set to come out in October. Even sadder, I have ALL the books! No excuses. I loved Beautiful Creatures! It was one of the first YA novels I read, possibly before I even started blogging.

3) After those two shameful admissions I'll just go ahead and say The Shadow Falls series. Yep, got an
ARC of Born at Midnight. Loved it! I have ordered all the other novels with the best intentions of reading
them. The last book in the series is already out and a new series is coming out based on one of the characters in the Shadow Falls series. YIKES! Have you read this series yet?? (I know Danny loves it)


4) Okay, this is a series I simply need to catch up on. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting. I absolutely love this series and I have actually read the first two in the series. I love Jay and Violet and I have the other two books so it's time for me to read the other two! I'm not sure if this series is finished or if the author is going to write more, but I could probably read books in this series forever!


5) Okay, I'll admit it, I have to catch up on the Mara Dyer series. That would mean that I'd need to start it actually. The funny thing about this is I met Michelle Hodkin before the first book came out. I was dying to read this book. DYING! I talked to her about it and she told us about how she got the idea for it and I got goose bumps on my arms hearing the story. She signed a piece of notebook paper and my son's cast because there was nothing to sign at that point. It was my first book signing. And you know what, I'll probably wait for the last book before I even start it because I hate cliffhangers!



6) And finally and surely not the last but the last I'll list here, I need to catch up on The Mortal Instruments Series. Actually, I haven't started it, but I need to read at least the first one before the movie comes out. I refuse to see the movie version of any book before I read the book. And from what I've read, I'm not sure whether I should read just the first three books and be happy or read all of them and hope for the best with the final book coming out next year.



So, that's my list, certainly not all the series I need to catch up on, but the ones that I feel like I really have to get busy with and catch up on them. I'll keep you updated and please weigh in on The Mortal Instruments series. Should I stop at the first three or read on. It's not a pressing issue as I have quite a few books to read! I am, after all, Buried in Books!

Thanks to the Bewitched Bookworms for this fun meme!

14 comments:

  1. I want to read the C.C. Hunter books! I'm all caught up in the Mara series and omg you NEEEEED to read it!!!! it is SO GOOD! So far I've completed reading 7 series/trilogies this year so I'm happy with this number. I hope to read the last book of the unearthly trilogy as well as last two of the paranormalcy trilogy. Oh! and read the second book of The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.. haha awesome list!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read the last two in the Paranormalcy trilogy as well! ACK! Every post I read brings more series I haven't finished!! I think I need to make that a priority one month! Or six!! Good luck with finishing yours.

      I don't know, I heard that Mara Dyer ends with terrible cliff hangers. Am I missing out by not doing that to myself? Or should I wait until the last one is out?? Thoughts?

      Delete
  2. The Mara Dyer series is soooo good! I need to catch up on TMI too. It seems like I may not get there though. They're so fat! I have trouble sitting down and reading books that size. Although, the Mara Dyer series are quite large... they actually read really quickly :D Great list!

    And in terms of cliffhangers. The first one is pretty bad, but the second book ends well. I'd say start them asap. It's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to read at least the first TMI because I know I'll want to see the movie. So if the second ending of Mara Dyer isn't bad, then I guess I can read those. I think I've built them up so much in my mind, and everyone else has too that I'm scared I won't like them. But that probably won't happen. I LOVED Daughter of Smoke and Bone even after all the hype.

      It's just finding time. I say yes to way too many review books. Must learn to say NO!

      Delete
  3. You need to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. :-) When you are able to read it, I hope you enjoy! I need to read Beautiful Creatures. I have slacked for the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I need to read Harry Potter. I was reading the series with my kids and they got too old, but not me. I'll put it first on my list. I'll let you know what I think because I doubt I'll review it.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh! You need to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for sure.

    The Beautiful Creatures series is SO good and I adore the Mara Dyer series also. Don't forget The Mortal Instruments, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see my problem. They are all on my list! So, so many! Time, I need to be Buried in Time, not Books!

      Delete
  5. Dude, Beautiful Redemption came out last October. That series is finito--and so amazing. Read those ASAP. I never read Harry Potter, probably never will which is a shame I'm sure. The rest are on my to be read pile which should be done when I'm dead at this rate.

    Heather @ Bewitched Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must be the paperback I'm waiting on Heather!!lol
      Maybe there is a huge ass library in the after and we can read forever. In that case, I'm gonna make sure my TBR list is kept up to date and someone prints out a copy and slips it in my jeans when I die. I'm at least taking the list if the books can't go! God do I hope they have real books! Now that would be heaven to me!

      Delete
  6. You haven't read the last Harry Potter book? Heather, you must read this book! (and on a side not, I need to come here and read "my" Heather's comment to realize that she never read a singly HP book!!? - I'm shocked )

    And yes you got me, I am a huge fan of the Shadow Falls series! and now that the last book is out, you can read them all without waiting so desperately like me!

    I'm with you on the Beautiful Creatures series. I haven't read book 3 and 4. And this even though I loved the first books. But then... I don't know. I think I remember listening to the audiobook for book 3 and it was so freaking slow that I stopped.

    Thank you so much for joining our lill' meme :) I'm always excited seeing that people actually participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow those are some amazing sounding books. I loved The Mortal Instruments! Did you know there's a spin off series called The Infernal Devices? It's a trilogy and the last Mortal Instruments book comes out March 2014 so you may want to wait to read those until then if you loathe cliffhangers. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books so don't feel too bad. I enjoyed the Beautiful Creatures books as well I have read them all and they were awesome but also long so I can see if you maybe don't have as much time to read them then you'd wait on it. I haven't read The Shadow Falls Series or The Body Finder Series but I have heard some super awesome things and I think they're both on my tbr wishlist so hopefully ONE day I will be able to get to them. I actually met the author of the Mara Dyers as well as yes her idea about how the story came about was creeperific and scary. Well I definitely have some books I will be reading thanks to your amazing post as soon as I finish mine lol. Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog! BTW I did not review Bones of Faerie since I read it waaaay before blogging time but I will just for you so you can see if you want to check it out. Happy Reading and have a great week!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ack! You reminded me of so many things that I have to read too!!!!! I need to finish The Mortal Instruments and the Beautiful Creatures series, as well as start the Mara Dyer series.

    The end of the Harry Potter books; *Uncontrollable Crying*

    Heres a link to many, but not all, of the other series that I need to finish... sigh... http://remedyleafsbookandwritingblog.blogspot.com/2013/08/super-six-sunday-1.html

    ~Remy @ Books In Her Head

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I'm with the majority here - you NEED to finish HP! Also Beautiful Creatures! I've read C.C. Hunter's Shadow Falls series and I would say that once you start it, you will just devour the rest of the series in one fell swoop like I did. It didn't end quite the way I wanted it to, but it's a great series.

    At this point I say hold off on reading TMI until AFTER the movie, that way you have no preconceived notions. Then pick up the series because you're going to want to know what happens next.

    I've only read the first Body Finder book, but would like to read the rest AND I'm holding off on Mara Dyer until the final book comes out so I can read them all at once.

    Sorry to be so long-winded, but you have a wonderful batch of books here!

    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva