Super Six Sunday is an original bookish meme created by the Bewitched Bookworms and inspired by "Top Ten Tuesday" from The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's topic is Series I Have to Catch Up On.
Wow, and we can only name six. I don't know about you, but that's gonna be hard for me. I guess I'll name the most embarrassing ones. The ones I'm most behind on. Please be kind, I really have been busy....reading, other books.
Well first I guess I'll start with one I plan to continue with and I think everyone has read it but me and it's actually more of a finish than a catch up on.....
1) Harry Potter!!! I have not finished the last book in the Harry Potter series. I have not read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!
2) The Beautiful Creatures Series- I have only read the first book in this series, Beautiful Creatures and the last book, Beautiful Redemption is set to come out in October. Even sadder, I have ALL the books! No excuses. I loved Beautiful Creatures! It was one of the first YA novels I read, possibly before I even started blogging.
3) After those two shameful admissions I'll just go ahead and say The Shadow Falls series. Yep, got an
4) Okay, this is a series I simply need to catch up on. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting. I absolutely love this series and I have actually read the first two in the series. I love Jay and Violet and I have the other two books so it's time for me to read the other two! I'm not sure if this series is finished or if the author is going to write more, but I could probably read books in this series forever!
5) Okay, I'll admit it, I have to catch up on the Mara Dyer series. That would mean that I'd need to start it actually. The funny thing about this is I met Michelle Hodkin before the first book came out. I was dying to read this book. DYING! I talked to her about it and she told us about how she got the idea for it and I got goose bumps on my arms hearing the story. She signed a piece of notebook paper and my son's cast because there was nothing to sign at that point. It was my first book signing. And you know what, I'll probably wait for the last book before I even start it because I hate cliffhangers!
6) And finally and surely not the last but the last I'll list here, I need to catch up on The Mortal Instruments Series. Actually, I haven't started it, but I need to read at least the first one before the movie comes out. I refuse to see the movie version of any book before I read the book. And from what I've read, I'm not sure whether I should read just the first three books and be happy or read all of them and hope for the best with the final book coming out next year.
So, that's my list, certainly not all the series I need to catch up on, but the ones that I feel like I really have to get busy with and catch up on them. I'll keep you updated and please weigh in on The Mortal Instruments series. Should I stop at the first three or read on. It's not a pressing issue as I have quite a few books to read! I am, after all, Buried in Books!
Thanks to the Bewitched Bookworms for this fun meme!