Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday- REDS!!!!!

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created by Jill at Breaking The Spine so we can share with each other the books we are just dying to read. Some of us may be swayed by the covers (me). Some of us may be swayed by the book summaries (me) and some of us may be waiting for the end of a beloved series (me).
Whatever the case may be, HUMP DAY, as the camel might say is the day for sharing with each other what we are dying to get our hands on. I don't know about you, but my pre-orders on Amazon is so full it's going to take a small fortune to pay for it, one I don't have! So, I think it's time for a job, but that will seriously cut into my reading time. What is a book hoarder to do?? 

In any case, (while I'm thinking) I have brought you this one before, but it's closer to publication time now AND, I have traded in my own blonde locks, gone back to my brown hair and added some red highlights. So I thought it only fitting that I feature this book again.


Red by Alison Cherry
Publisher Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Hardcover 320 pages
Release Date October 8th 2013
Goodreads Synopsis-Felicity St. John has it all—loyal best friends, a hot guy, and artistic talent. And she’s right on track to win the Miss Scarlet pageant. Her perfect life is possible because of just one thing: her long, wavy, coppery red hair.

Having red hair is all that matters in Scarletville. Redheads hold all the power—and everybody knows it. That’s why Felicity is scared down to her roots when she receives an anonymous note:

I know your secret.

Because Felicity is a big fake. Her hair color comes straight out of a bottle. And if anyone discovered the truth, she’d be a social outcast faster than she could say "strawberry blond." Her mother would disown her, her friends would shun her, and her boyfriend would dump her. And forget about winning that pageant crown and the prize money that comes with it—money that would allow her to fulfill her dream of going to art school.

Felicity isn’t about to let someone blackmail her life away. But just how far is she willing to go to protect her red cred?

I do hope this isn't one of those books I've built up so much in my mind that it doesn't end up living up to my expectations. What do you guys think? Are you even looking at this one?? Heard anything about it?

And since there is still no cover for Requiem the 3rd book in Maggie Stiefvater's Books of Faerie I'll just say have a great Wednesday, don't forget to enter all my giveaways. I'm participating in the Last Hurrah Hop that starts on Sunday. And today marks the first day of an actual vacation for me so I won't be around until Monday. Have a great few days!!!

14 comments:

  1. I love the ridiculousness of this premise Heather, I can't wait to read it either. I'm hoping it's everything we both want it to be! And yay for being a brunette with red highlights! I've always wanted to be a blonde. Grass is always greener and all that:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was born a blonde but as I've gotten older my hair has gotten darker. I am tired of dying it so back to my natural color, almost :)

      I am so hoping this is a fun one!

      Delete
  2. I havne't heard of this one but it looks good. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to this one, have been for a long time!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like one crazy read. I don't think I'd heard about this one yet.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hope this doesn't disappoint. I really think it looks like a wicked read! Hope you have a wonderful Vacation, Heather. I am still digging out. I will get the books in the mail soon. See you on the flipside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving in the morning so I'm trying to visit some of you guys!

      I hope it doesn't disappoint. It's a debut, she's a Lucky 13's so let's hope!!

      Delete
  5. I like that she had art, but not sure if it will end up being overly dramatic. Hope you get it and let me know! :D

    Have fun on vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got it on order but did request it on NG. Don't have much luck with this particular publisher though.

      Delete
  6. This one sounds both fun and funny. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one does sound good! I have died my hair red for years (until this summer when I went back to brown) so this should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one a couple of times these last few weeks - I think readers are getting really excited about it. I love the whole blackmail angle of it, and the fact that red is definitely "in" (I always end up dying mine red in the fall).

    Great pick!
    Erin @ YA Book Crush

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool-I have an e-galley of this and I think it sounds very good although it is making this brunette wish she had the daring to go for some red in her hair!

    ReplyDelete

This is an AWARD FREE BLOG. Thank you for understanding.
While I appreciate it, I just don't have the time to respond to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog design by Imagination Designs using papers from the Fashion Passion by Irene Alexeeva